From the No. 1 bestselling author of THE MISSING AND THE DEAD comes the short novel: 22 DEAD LITTLE BODIES, plus two short stories: STRAMASH and DI STEEL’S BAD HEIR DAY, and a novella: THE 45% HANGOVER, all featuring his most popular characters – DS Logan McRae and DCI Roberta Steel.
They say ‘small is beautiful’, but as Stuart MacBride demonstrates in these four tales, it can also be dark, violent, disturbing, and sometimes really quite rude.
So pour yourself a wee dram, curl up on the sofa and enjoy DS Logan McRae and his sometime boss, friend, mother substitute, and nemesis, DCI Steel at their best.
Here you’ll find Logan’s week from hell; Steel’s own personal nightmare before Christmas; an explosive shootout on a remote Scottish island; and the ultimate test of their relationship…
About the author
Stuart MacBride is the No 1 bestselling author of the Logan McRae series and the Ash Henderson novels.The McRae novels have won him the CWA’s Dagger in the Library, the Barry Award for Best Debut Novel, and Best Breakthrough Author at the ITV3 Crime Thriller Awards. In 2012 Stuart was inducted into the ITV3 Crime Thriller Hall of Fame.
- Praise for Stuart MacBride:
- ‘New Logan McRae novels are close to the top of my unmissable list, and yet again MacBride delivers. His chaotic cop hero is at his best. Superb storytelling’ Sun
- ‘Another from MacBride’s fantastic series of Logan McRae novels. A real page-turner’ Sunday Mirror
- ‘Stuart’s meticulous research shows. At times it feels like you are sitting in the back of a police car overhearing conversations between real policemen’ Sunday Sport
- ‘Another riveting page-turner … emotional and affecting.’ Independent on Sunday
- ‘Skilful storytelling … strong characterisation … both intriguing and engrossing’ Laura Wilson, Guardian
- ‘The multiple plots move fast’ Independent
- ‘MacBride is the natural heir to the late and much lamented Reginald Hill’ Andrew Taylor, Spectator
- ‘MacBride is a damned fine writer – no one does dark and gritty like him’ Peter James
- ‘Fierce, unflinching and shot through with the blackest of humour; this is crime fiction of the highest order’ Mark Billingham
- ‘Some of the grittiest crime-writing in the field’ Independent
- ‘Admirers of tough, modern crime novels will be in seventh heaven – or should that be hell?’ Express
- ‘Ferocious and funny’ Val McDermid
- ‘Hard-hitting prose with a bone-dry humour and characters you can genuinely believe in, Stuart MacBride’s novels are a real treat’ Simon Kernick