There’s a darkness in the heart of Scotland…
The stunning new Logan McRae thriller from No. 1 Sunday Times bestseller Stuart MacBride.
Scream all you want, no one can hear…
Inspector Logan McRae is looking forward to a nice simple case – something to ease him back into work after a year off on the sick. But the powers-that-be have other ideas…
The high-profile anti-independence campaigner, Professor Wilson, has gone missing, leaving nothing but bloodstains behind. There’s a war brewing between the factions for and against Scottish Nationalism. Infighting in the police ranks. And it’s all playing out in the merciless glare of the media. Logan’s superiors want results, and they want them now.
Someone out there is trying to make a point, and they’re making it in blood. If Logan can’t stop them, it won’t just be his career that dies.
About the author
Stuart MacBride is the No.1 Sunday Times bestselling author of the Logan McRae and Ash Henderson novels. He’s also published standalones, novellas and short stories as well as a children’s picture book.Stuart lives in the northeast of Scotland with his wife Fiona, cats Grendel, Gherkin, Onion, and Beetroot, some hens, horses, and a vast collection of assorted weeds.
- ‘Dark and brilliantly written’ Linwood Barclay
- ‘A satisfying read and a hugely thoughtful novel … there’s no let-up for the reader’ Scotland on Sunday
- Praise for Stuart MacBride:
- ‘A tense and gritty thriller’ Irish Sunday Independent
- ‘The pages turn effortlessly. His best work yet.’ i
- ‘A tour de force … smartly paced and vividly pungent’ Laura Wilson, Guardian
- ‘MacBride’s books have always been ambitiously plotted and firmly character-driven … They are only getting richer and more rewarding. The Blood Road is his best work yet’ Scotland on Sunday
- ‘Dark and gripping. A riveting page-turner’ Independent on Sunday
- ‘MacBride is a damned fine writer’ Peter James
- ‘A satisfyingly compelling thriller’ Sunday Mirror
- ‘Skilful storytelling … strong characterisation … both intriguing and engrossing’ Guardian
- ‘MacBride’s thrillers just keep getting better’ Express
- ‘Exciting … a guaranteed bestseller’ Literary Review
- ‘Unmissable … Superb storytelling’ Sun
- ‘Crime fiction of the highest order’ Mark Billingham
- ‘A terrific writer … Logan McRae is a delight’ The Times