A rich and greedy sultan meets his match in a VERY cheeky little red rooster…
Hilariously wacky tale by bestselling author of War Horse.
The rich and greedy sultan loves his jewels more than anything, so when he loses a diamond button he is furious!
Especially as a naughty little red rooster seems determined to keep it…
A marvellously funny tale by master storyteller, Michael Morpurgo.
About the author
Michael Morpurgo OBE is one of Britain's best-loved writers for children, and has sold more than 35 million books around the world. He has written more than 150 novels and won many prizes, including the Smarties Prize, the Whitbread Award and the Blue Peter Book Award, while several of his books have been adapted for stage and screen, including the global theatrical phenomenon War Horse. Michael was Children’s Laureate from 2003 to 2005, and founded the charity Farms for City Children with his wife, Clare. He was knighted in 2018 for services to literature and charity.
- Praise for Michael Morpurgo:“Champagne quality over a wide range of subjects.” – Daily Telegraph
- “There are few children’s writers as compelling as Michael Morpurgo.” – Daily Express
- “Morpurgo’s gift is to make this long-ago world of danger and heartbreak accessible without ever patronising his young readers.” – Sunday Mercury
- “Morpurgo, as always, is subtle and skillful, and incorporates social and moral issues into his writing without being self-righteous or detracting from the quality of the narrative”Elizabeth Reilly – British Council
- “The former children’s laureate has the happy knack of speaking to both child and adult readers.” -The Guardian.