Imagine a world where the past, present and future have collided. A world that is timeless. This is the world Diego was born into…
For fans of Rick Riordan and Brian Selznick, author-artist Armand Baltazar introduces the first book in a new fantasy adventure series.
Over 150 full-colour illustrations bring this cinematic story to life!
You’ve never seen Earth like this before: continents reshaped, oceans re-formed, cities rebuilt. Dinosaurs roam the plains alongside herds of buffalo, and giant robots navigate the same waters as steam-powered ships.
In New Chicago, Diego’s middle school hallways buzz with kids from all eras of history and from cultures all over the world. The pieces do not always fit together neatly, but this is the world he loves.
There are those, however, who do not share his affection. On his thirteenth birthday, Diego learns of a special gift he has, a secret that is part of something much bigger. When his father, New Chicago’s top engineer, is taken by the Aeternum, Diego must rescue him and prevent this evil group from disrupting the fragile peace humanity has forged.
About the author
Armand Baltazar was born on Chicago’s North Side, not far from the famed Wrigley Field. After attending the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, Armand began a visual storytelling career in feature animation as a background artist, visual development artist, and art director for DreamWorks Studios, Walt Disney, and Pixar Animation. He currently resides in Northern California with his family, creating the art and stories for the epic adventure series Timeless. You can visit him online at www.armandbaltazar.com.
- “Armand Baltazar’s adventure is fused with lush, rich illustrations, full of inventive and exciting ideas that make me want to lean into them and see what happens next!” Pete Docter, Academy Award-winning director of Inside Out, Up, and Monsters, Inc.
- “Vivid world creation and brilliant characters make Timeless an UNFORGETTABLE, wondrous journey that will stay with you long after the final page.” RIDLEY SCOTT
- “Armand Baltazar’s alternate universe blazes to life with vibrant colors and gleaming light, and his world will take its place alongside the classic adventure stories of H. G. Wells, Jules Verne, and Robert Louis Stevenson.” James Gurney, New York Times bestselling author and illustrator of Dinotopia
- “Armand Baltazar’s incredible artistry and imaginative world creation sparks a creative spirit; the kind that inspires minds to see beyond the conventional.” Carlos Saldanha, director of Ice Age and Rio
- “Dinos! Mechs! Steam power! Swashbuckle! Noir! Adventure! Pulp! All in one world? Armand Baltazar has blurred the lines of genre so well it seems ludicrous they were ever separated. A visual tour de force.” Mark Andrews, Academy Award-winning director of Brave