The Number One bestselling detective series from the award-winning Stuart MacBride continues in this second crime thriller. It’s summertime in Scotland: the sun is shining, the sky is blue and people are dying…
It’s summertime in the Granite City: the sun is shining, the sky is blue and people are dying…
It starts with Rosie Williams, a prostitute, stripped naked and beaten to death down by the docks – the heart of Aberdeen’s red light district. For DS Logan McRae it’s a bad start to another bad day.
Rosie won’t be the only one making an unscheduled trip to the morgue. Across the city six people are burning to death in a petrol-soaked squat, the doors and windows screwed shut from the outside.
And despite Logan’s best efforts, it’s not long before another prostitute turns up on the slab…
About the author
Stuart MacBride is the author of several novels featuring DS Logan McRae, and the near-future thriller Halfhead. The McRae books have won him the CWA’s Dagger in the Library, the Barry Award for Best Debut Novel, Best Breakthrough Author at the ITV3 crime thriller awards, and made him a number one bestseller.Stuart lives in the north-east of Scotland with his wife Fiona, cat Grendel, about a million spiders (as yet unnamed), and a vegetable plot full of weeds (called Frank).
- ‘DYING LIGHT is a wonderfully gripping and grim second outing for Logan McRae … Fierce, unflinching and shot through with the blackest of humour; this is crime fiction of the highest order’ Mark Billingham
- Praise for Stuart MacBride:
- ‘Ferocious and funny, this is Tartan Noir at its best’ Val McDermid
- ‘MacBride is a damned fine writer – no one does dark and gritty like him’ Peter James
- ‘A terrific writer … Brilliant … bodies abound, blood flows freely and McRae is a delight’ The Times
- ‘Those who like their crime thrillers diamond hard need look no further than Stuart MacBride … He has few equals in this area’ Independent