Discover the secrets behind creating the costumes for HBO’s Game of Thrones in this definitive guide.
The official guide to the complete costumes of HBO’s landmark television series Game of Thrones. Discover how BAFTA and Emmy Award-winning costume designer Michele Clapton dressed the heroes and villains of Westeros and beyond, including Daenerys Targaryen, Cersei Lannister, Jon Snow, and Arya Stark.
One of 4 comprehensive and officially licensed Game of Thrones retrospective books from HarperVoyager.
• CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED – ‘…peruse the best of the robes, gowns, coats, and suits of armor that made up the rich fabric of Westeros in Game of Thrones: The Costumes’ Vanity Fair
• LEARN HOW COSTUMES DEFINED CHARACTERS – 440 pages of in-depth interviews and commentary on how costume design helped convey the evolution of George R.R. Martin’s beloved characters such as Tyrion Lannister, Sansa Stark, and Brienne of Tarth.
• SEE EXCLUSIVE IMAGES AND DESIGNS – Over 1,000 exclusive and rarely seen images including Michele Clapton’s designs and original concept sketches.
• HEAR FROM THE SHOW’S CREATORS – Features an exclusive foreword from Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D. B. Weiss.
• AN EYECATCHING COFFEE TABLE BOOK – Deluxe 9.75 × 13 inch format.
• A PERFECT GIFT FOR GAME OF THRONES FANS – Perfectly timed for the holiday season, this gift will be cherished for a lifetime.
About the author
MICHELE CLAPTON is an award-winning costume designer who has been working in film and television for twenty years. She has received considerable acclaim for her work on Game of Thrones, winning four Emmy Awards, a BAFTA Television Craft Award, and four successive Costume Designers Guild Awards. Clapton also created acclaimed costumes for The Crown, for which she won an Emmy Award, a BAFTA for Best Costume Design, and a Costume Designers Guild Award for Outstanding Period Television Series. She was awarded the NYWIFT Designing Women Award in 2019.Gina McIntyre is the New York Times bestselling author of Stranger Things: Worlds Turned Upside Down, The Shape of Water: Creating a Fairy Tale for Troubled Times, The Art of Ready Player One, and Star Wars Icons: Han Solo. Her writing has appeared in the Los Angeles Times, the Hollywood Reporter, and Entertainment Weekly. She lives with her husband and daughter in Riverside, Illinois.
- ‘When it’s all said and done and we close the book on Game of Thrones, you’ll have a chance to peruse the best of the robes, gowns, coats, and suits of armor that made up the rich fabric of Westeros in Game of Thrones: The Costumes’Vanity Fair
- ‘Game of Thrones: The Costumes offers up much more than just images of gorgeous outfits. It shares the stories, work, and ideas that went into their creation’Nerdist
- ‘Game of Thrones’ singular attention to detail is painstakingly and lavishly chronicled in this trio of stunning coffee-table books from Insight Editions covering all eight seasons and focusing on, respectively, the museum-quality production art and designs from sketch to screen; still photos capturing the show’s most iconic and cinematic scenes along with intimate never-seen off-screen moments; and an in-depth look at the creation of the epic costumes across Westeros, from the sun-drenched denizens of Dorne to the Wildlings beyond the Wall’Yahoo