“My name is Harriet Manners, and I will always be a geek.”
The fifth book in the bestselling, award-winning GEEK GIRL series.
Harriet Manners knows almost every fact there is.
She knows duck-billed platypuses don’t have stomachs.
She knows that fourteen squirrels were once detained as spies.
She knows that both chess and snakes and ladders were invented in the same country.
And for once, Harriet knows exactly how her life should go. She’s got it ALL planned out. So her friends seem less than happy, Harriet is determined to Make Things Happen!
If only everyone else would stick to the script…
But is following the rules going to break hearts for GEEK GIRL?
About the author
Holly Smale is the author of Geek Girl, Model Misfit and Picture Perfect. She was unexpectedly spotted by a top London modelling agency at the age of fifteen and spent the following two years falling over on catwalks, going bright red and breaking things she couldn’t afford to replace. By the time Holly had graduated from Bristol University with a BA in English Literature and an MA in Shakespeare she had given up modelling and set herself on the path to becoming a writer.Geek Girl was the no. 1 bestselling young adult fiction title in the UK in 2013. It was shortlisted for several major awards including the Roald Dahl Funny Prize and the Branford Boase award, nominated for the Queen of Teen award and won the teen and young adult category of the Waterstones Children’s Book Prize and the 11-14 category of the Leeds Book Award.
- ‘Harriet’s comical and cringeworthy misadventures in the world of fashion are guaranteed to get you laughing.’ The Week Junior
- ‘Genius.’ MaximumPop!
- ‘You can’t fail to like Harriet.’ Parents in Touch
- PRAISE FOR GEEK GIRL:
- “Loved GEEK GIRL. Wise, funny and true, with a proper nerd heroine you’re laughing with as much as at. Almost.” James Henry, writer of Smack the Pony and Green Wing
- “A feel-good satisfying gem that will have teens smiling from cover to cover, and walking a little taller after reading” – Books for Keeps
- “I would highly recommend Geek Girl to anyone who likes a good laugh and enjoys a one-of-a-kind story.” Mia,Guardian Children’s Books website