Sealed with a sticky paw! First class correspondence from the nation’s favourite bear, Paddington – now a major movie star!
Dear Aunt Lucy,
I expect this will come as a great surprise to you, but not only have I arrived in England, but I have an address! I’m staying at number 32 Windsor Gardens and it isn’t at all like the Home for Retired Bears…
This delightfully engaging series of letters from Paddington to his Aunt Lucy in Peru, follows his new experiences in London while showcasing his uniquely charming and hilarious take on the world. From stowing away on a ship, to working as a barber, there is certainly never a dull moment!
About the author
Michael Bond was born in Newbury, Berkshire on 13 January 1926 and educated at Presentation College, Reading. He served in the Royal Air Force and the British Army before working as a cameraman for BBC TV for 19 years. In 2015, Michael was awarded a CBE for his services to children’s literature, to add to the OBE he received in 1997. Michael died in 2017, leaving behind one of the great literary legacies of our time.
- Praise for Love From Paddington:
- “…a jolly ride through the best of the Paddington tales” The Times
- “…a delightful collection…” Sunday Express
- Praise for the Paddington series:
- ‘I’ve always had great respect for Paddington…He is a British institution.’ Stephen Fry
- ‘Paddington has joined Pooh as one of the great bears of English children’s literature.’ The Teacher
- ‘Michael Bond’s accident-prone bear…has become one of the most enduring of children’s characters.’ The Bookseller