To celebrate Paddington Bear’s 60th birthday in 2018 this hilarious classic novel from master storyteller Michael Bond has been given a fresh new look. Paddington is now a major movie star!
“Goodness gracious!” cried Mrs Bird. “What on earth’s that bear doing now?”
Nothing is ever straightforward where Paddington is concerned. Whether he’s going to school, visiting the seaside or attempting to keep fit – one thing always leads to another.
For nearly sixty years, Paddington Bear has touched the hearts of adults and children worldwide with his earnest good intentions and humorous misadventures.
About the author
Michael Bond was born in Newbury, Berkshire on 13 January 1926 and educated at Presentation College, Reading. He served in the Royal Air Force and the British Army before working as a cameraman for BBC TV for 19 years. In 2015, Michael was awarded a CBE for his services to children’s literature, to add to the OBE he received in 1997. Michael died in 2017, leaving behind one of the great literary legacies of our time.
- Praise for the Paddington series:
- ‘I’ve always had great respect for Paddington… He is a British institution.’ Stephen Fry
- ‘Paddington has joined Pooh as one of the great bears of English children’s literature.’ The Teacher
- ‘Michael Bond’s accident-prone bear…has become one of the most enduring of children’s characters.’ The Bookseller
- Praise for Paddington’s Finest Hour:
- “…a delight throughout…” Financial Times
- Praise for Love From Paddington:
- “…a jolly ride through the best of the Paddington tales” The Times
- “…a delightful collection…” Sunday Express