What drives someone to murder?
The No.1 Sunday Times bestselling author returns with the much anticipated new Logan McRae thriller.
Some things just won’t stay buried…
When Detective Inspector Bell turns up dead in a crashed car, it’s a shock to everyone. Because Bell died two years ago. Or at least they thought he did.
Now Inspector Logan McRae has to work out where DI Bell’s been all this time – and what was so important that he felt the need to come back from the dead.
But the deeper Logan digs, the more bones he uncovers. And there are people out there who’ll kill to keep those skeletons buried…
About the author
Stuart MacBride is the No.1 Sunday Times bestselling author of the Logan McRae and Ash Henderson novels. He’s also published standalones, novellas and short stories as well as a children’s picture book.Stuart lives in the northeast of Scotland with his wife Fiona, cats Grendel, Gherkin, Onion, and Beetroot, some hens, horses, and a vast collection of assorted weeds.
- “Dark and Brilliantly written” Linwood Barclay
- ‘A tense and gritty thriller’ Irish Sunday Independent
- ‘The pages turn effortlessly. His best work yet.’ i
- ‘A tour de force … smartly paced and vividly pungent’ Laura Wilson, Guardian
- ‘MacBride’s books have always been ambitiously plotted and firmly character-driven … They are only getting richer and more rewarding. The Blood Road is his best work yet’ Scotland on Sunday
- Praise for Stuart MacBride:
- ‘Dark and gripping. A riveting page-turner’ Independent on Sunday
- ‘MacBride is a damned fine writer’ Peter James
- ‘A satisfyingly compelling thriller’ Sunday Mirror
- ‘Skilful storytelling … strong characterisation … both intriguing and engrossing’ Guardian
- ‘MacBride’s thrillers just keep getting better’ Express
- ‘Exciting … a guaranteed bestseller’ Literary Review
- ‘Unmissable … Superb storytelling’ Sun
- ‘Crime fiction of the highest order’ Mark Billingham
- ‘A terrific writer … Logan McRae is a delight’ The Times