The sparkling debut children’s novel from David Walliams, number one bestseller and fastest growing children’s author in the country.
Dennis was different.
Why was he different, you ask?
Well, a small clue might be in the title of this book…
Charming, surprising and hilarious – The Boy in the Dress is everything you would expect from the co-creator of Little Britain. David Walliams’s beautiful first novel will touch the hearts (and funny bones) of children and adults alike.
About the author
David Walliams has revolutionised reading for children and become one of the most influential children’s writers today. The Boy in the Dress is his ground-breaking first novel. Since its publication in 2008, Walliams has seen unprecedented growth with global sales exceeding 32 million copies, and his books translated into fifty-three languages.
- ‘[Walliams’ books] are brilliantly, beautifully and seemingly effortlessly written … Mr Dahl finally has a worthy successor’ Telegraph
- ‘Walliams understands something crucial about children and stories’ Metro
- “A great comic tale… Walliams is a natural wit” – Evening Standard
- “Well written, funny, touching” – Observer
- “A passionate celebration of individuality” – Telegraph
- “Believable characters and a story that’s original and intriguing” ***** – Heat
- “Charming, funny” – The Times
- “Has a lovely, Dahlian fluency to it” – Time Out