A stunningly presented modern-day fable from world-renowned talent Oliver Jeffers.
There was once a man who believed he owned everything and set out to survey what was his.
“You are mine,” Fausto said to the flower, the sheep and the mountain, and they bowed before him. But they were not enough for Fausto, so he conquered a boat and set out to sea…
Working for the first time in traditional lithography, world-renowned talent, Oliver Jeffers, combines spectacular art with powerful prose, hand set using traditional lead type, to create a poignant modern-day fable to touch the hearts of adults and children alike.
“In an age of exquisite picture books, this is possibly the most beautiful of the year…” Imogen Carter / The Observer New Review
“Visually stunning and original” Daily Mail
About the author
Oliver Jeffers graduated from The University of Ulster in 2001 with First Class honours. His outstanding talent has been recognised by several high-profile awards, including the Nestlé Children’s Book Prize Gold Award. ‘Lost and Found’ animation was broadcast on Channel 4. Oliver lives and works in Brookyln, New York.
- Praise for The Fate of Fausto:
- “In an age of exquisite picture books, this is possibly the most beautiful of the year…” Imogen Carter / The Observer New Review
- “Visually stunning and original” Daily Mail
- Praise for Here We Are:
- “The witty images are atmospheric and full of enthralling detail” Nicolette Jones / The Times
- “An optimistic snapshot of contemporary life, this heartfelt hug of a book ought to become a classic” The Guardian
- “Beautiful illustrations” Creative Review
- “There is a childlike awe and wonder about the stars and planets in the book” The Irish Times
- ‘Delightfully illustrated’ Time
- ‘Beautifully illustrated’ Artists & Illustrators
- ‘This performer had assured pace and charm. The storytelling was captivating and a beautifully realised gem, with a surprise ending. Gorgeous!’ Audio Production Awards judges