Another murder. Another mystery.
The brand new thriller from the Sunday Times bestselling author of The Hunting Party.
It starts with a party.
On a remote island, guests gather for the wedding of the year – the marriage of Jules Keegan and Will Slater.
The wedding cake has barely been cut when one of the guests is found dead. And as a storm unleashes its fury on the island, everyone is trapped.
All have a secret. All have a motive.
It’ll end in murder.
About the author
Lucy Foley studied English Literature at Durham and UCL universities and worked for several years as a fiction editor in the publishing industry, before leaving to write full-time. Lucy’s debut thriller, The Hunting Party, was an instant Sunday Times and Irish Times bestseller, and was inspired by a particularly remote spot in Scotland that fired her imagination.Lucy is also the author of three historical novels, which have been translated into sixteen languages. Her journalism has appeared in ES Magazine, Sunday Times Style, Grazia and more.
- Acclaim for The Hunting Party
- ‘A ripping, riveting murder mystery — wily as Agatha Christie, charged with real menace, real depth. Perfect for fans of Ruth Ware’ – A. J. Finn
- ‘Unputdownable’ – John Boyne
- ‘Very gripping and so good on the awfulness of some long-history friendships’ – Sophie Hannah
- ‘Proves that the traditional country-house murder formula can still work brilliantly… Foley is superb’ – The Times
- ‘A great update on the classic country house murder mystery and Lucy Foley brilliantly builds the tension’ – Good Housekeeping
- ‘My favourite kind of whodunnit, kept me guessing wrongly all the way through, and reminiscent of Agatha Christie at her best – with an extra dose of acid’ – Alex Michaelides
- ‘A compelling locked room mystery . . . elegantly drawn . . . clever, twisty and sleek, it has “hit” written all over it’ – Daily Mail
- ‘One of my favourite reads so far this year – beautifully written and full of chills’ – Cara Hunter
- ‘Secret upon secret and a healthy dose of deceit. You won’t look at your old friends in the same way when you read this book’ – C.L. Taylor
- ‘Chilling. You won’t sleep’ – Adele Parks
- ‘Foley builds the tension cleverly and creepily, underlining the point that old friends aren’t always the best’ – Observer
- ‘Chilling and gripping. Don’t read this alone at night’ – ELLE