*The Sunday Times Top 5 bestseller*
EVERYONE’S A SUSPECT.
AND EVERYONE’S TALKING ABOUT IT.
‘Ripping, riveting’ A. J. Finn
‘Clever, twisty and sleek’ Daily Mail
‘Unputdownable’ John Boyne
‘Foley is superb’ The Times
‘Chilling’ Adele Parks
‘Terrific, riveting’ Dinah Jefferies
In a remote hunting lodge, deep in the Scottish wilderness, old friends gather.
The beautiful one
The golden couple
The volatile one
The new parents
The quiet one
The city boy
Not an accident – a murder among friends.
About the author
Lucy Foley studied English Literature at Durham and UCL universities and worked for several years as a fiction editor in the publishing industry, before leaving to write full-time. The Hunting Party is her debut crime novel, inspired by a particularly remote spot in Scotland that fired her imagination.Lucy is also the author of three historical novels, which have been translated into sixteen languages. Her journalism has appeared in ES Magazine, Sunday Times Style, Grazia and more.
- ‘A ripping, riveting murder mystery — wily as Agatha Christie, charged with real menace, real depth. Perfect for fans of Ruth Ware’ – A. J. Finn
- ‘Very gripping and so good on the awfulness of some long-history friendships’ – Sophie Hannah
- ‘Hugely entertaining. Full of surprises. This is a clever, twisting page-turner of the highest order. I loved it’ – Simon Kernick
- ‘The suspense will keep you reading long after lights out’ – Woman and Home
- ‘I loved The Hunting Party – a gripping, eerie thriller set in a beautifully imagined remote wilderness with pitch-perfect characters’ – Laura Marshall
- ‘The Secret History meets And Then There Were None, this is a fantastic crime debut’ – Cass Green
- ‘One of my favourite reads so far this year – beautifully written and full of chills’ – Cara Hunter
- ‘Secret upon secret and a healthy dose of deceit. You won’t look at your old friends in the same way when you read this book’ – C.L. Taylor
- ‘Chilling. You won’t sleep’ – Adele Parks
- ‘Foley builds the tension cleverly and creepily, underlining the point that old friends aren’t always the best’ – Observer
- ‘Those who enjoyed The Secret History by Donna Tartt and The Party by Elizabeth Day will love The Hunting Party’ – Pandora Sykes
- ‘The Hunting Party is an edge of the seat thriller with a fabulously chilling atmosphere. I absolutely loved it’ – Kate Hamer
- ‘Thrilling and atmospheric. I loved this thoroughly modern and glamorous update of the country house murder mystery’ – Tasmina Perry
- ‘A brilliant, addictive, claustrophobic read’ Karen Hamilton
- ‘Twisty, layered and compulsive. I raced through the pages in a hunt to discover the truth’ – Lucy Clarke
- ‘Secrets, lies, good plotting’ – Sarah Vaughan
- ‘Gripping and exciting and wonderfully written, of course, with such incredible characters and a wonderful twist that I really didn’t see coming’ – Louise O’Neill