Paddington Bear has been delighting adults and children alike with his earnest good intentions and humorous misadventures for over fifty years. To celebrate his enduring popularity, six best-loved classic picture books are brought together in one lavish volume, truly to be treasured.
Paddington Bear had travelled all the way from Darkest Peru when the Brown family first met him on Paddington station. Since then their lives have never been quite the same… for ordinary things become quite extraordinary when a bear called Paddington is around.
This sumptuous treasury brings together six of the most popular stories:
Paddington at the Zoo
Paddington at the Palace
Paddington in the Garden
Paddington and the Marmalade Maze
Paddington the Artist
About the author
Michael Bond was born in Newbury, Berkshire on 13 January 1926 and educated at Presentation College, Reading. He served in the Royal Air Force and the British Army before working as a cameraman for BBC TV for 19 years. In 2015, Michael was awarded a CBE for his services to children’s literature, to add to the OBE he received in 1997. Michael died in 2017, leaving behind one of the great literary legacies of our time.
- ‘This volume makes a perfect gift for the young, or young at heart.’ New Review
- Praise for the Paddington series:
- ‘I’ve always had great respect for Paddington… He is a British institution.’ Stephen Fry
- ‘Paddington has joined Pooh as one of the great bears of English children’s literature.’ The Teacher
- ‘Michael Bond’s accident-prone bear…has become one of the most enduring of children’s characters.’ The Bookseller