From the author of THE PARENT AGENCY comes a thrilling, funny and touching new adventure.
Fred and Ellie are twins. But not identical (because that’s impossible for a boy and a girl). They do like all the same things, though. Especially video games. Which they are very good at. They aren’t that good, however, at much else – like, for example, football, or dealing with the school bullies.
Then, they meet the Mystery Man, who sends them a video game controller, which doesn’t look like any other controller they’ve ever seen. And it doesn’t control any of their usual games. When the twins find out what it does control, though, it seems like the answer to all their problems. And the key to all their wildest dreams. At least it seems like that…
About the author
David Baddiel is an author and comedian. His children’s novels The Parent Agency, The Person Controller and AniMalcolm have been runaway bestsellers and The Parent Agency was the winner of the Best Laugh Out Loud Book for 9 to 13-year-olds at the inaugural Laugh Out Loud Awards. David’s children’s books have sold over 1 million copies.
- “A perfect combination of humour, magic and a happy ending.” Charlotte Norman, Waterstones Bookseller
- “A real page turner… a compelling story with relatable characters and meaningful life lessons.” Huffington Post
- Reviews for The Parent Agency:
- “Funny, sometimes moving, always engaging” Guardian
- “I love this book because it really made me laugh! The best book I’ve read since I was born!” Tom, 11, LoveReading4Kids
- “Exciting and funny – I didn’t want to put it down!” Daisy, 10, LoveReading4Kids