From the world’s favourite author, David Walliams – ten cautionary tales and a delightfully dreadful cast of characters; all in a gorgeously gifty FULL COLOUR format!
Are you ready to meet the World’s Worst Children? Five beastly boys and five gruesome girls!
• Like Sofia Sofa – a TV super-fan so stuck to the sofa that she’s turning into one!
• Or Dribbling Drew – a boy whose drool gets him into trouble on a school trip!
• And not forgetting Blubbering Bertha – a girl who bawls and tells terrible tales!
Also featuring a special appearance from fan-favourite Raj!
From Number One bestselling author David Walliams comes this collection of wickedly funny, deliciously mischievous tales, illustrated in glorious colour by the artistic genius Tony Ross.
About the author
David Walliams has revolutionised reading for children and become one of the most influential children’s writers today. Since the publication of his ground-breaking first novel, The Boy in the Dress (2008), Walliams has seen unprecedented growth with global sales exceeding 32 million copies, and his books translated into 53 languages. Born in London, Tony Ross went to art school in Liverpool. His cartoons have appeared in famous publications the world over. His first book, Hugo and the Wicked Winter, was published in 1972. Tony has since written over 100 books and illustrated over 2000! His creations Towser and The Little Princess have been turned into TV series. David and Tony have worked on six bestselling picture books together, and nine of David’s phenomenally successful children’s novels. David and Tony also collaborated on the 2017 World Book Day title, BLOB, and on the blockbuster collections, The World’s Worst Children 1, 2 and 3.
- Praise for David Walliams’ books:
- “A pleasure to read. A beguilingly funny, original and thought-provoking tale… hilarious” – Amanda Craig, The Times
- “I absolutely love David Walliams’s books. In a few more years they will become classics” – Sue Townsend, author of Adrian Mole, Guardian
- “The new Roald Dahl” – Evening Standard
- “David Walliams…national treasure” Guardian
- “A triumphant mix of wit and warmth” – Telegraph Books of the Year
- “Ridiculously over-the-top and utterly delightful “ – Spectator
- “Another triumph for David Walliams. His books are a breath of wonderful fresh air” – Sun
- “David Walliams’ children’s books are now guaranteed bestsellers… watch this fly off the shelves” – Daily Mail
- “Delightfully funny” – Metro