The author of the #1 New York Times bestseller Think Like a Monk offers a revelatory guide to every stage of romance, drawing on ancient wisdom and new science.
Nobody sits us down and teaches us how to love. So we’re often thrown into relationships with nothing but romance movies and pop culture to help us muddle through. Until now.
Instead of presenting love as an ethereal concept or a collection of cliches, Jay Shetty lays out specific, actionable steps to help you develop the skills to practice and nurture love better than ever before. He shares insights on how to win or lose together, how to define love, and why you don’t break in a break-up. Inspired by Vedic wisdom and modern science, he tackles the entire relationship cycle, from first dates to moving in together to breaking up and starting over. And he shows us how to avoid falling for false promises and unfulfilling partners.
By living Jay Shetty’s eight rules, we can all love ourselves, our partner, and the world better than we ever thought possible.
About the author
Jay Shetty is a #1 New York Times bestselling author, award-winning storyteller, podcast host, and former monk, dedicated to helping people train their mind for peace and purpose every day. In 2017, Forbes named him to their 30 Under 30 List for his game-changing impact in media. His viral videos have been viewed more than 10 billion times and he is followed by over 50 million people across social media. In 2019, Jay created On Purpose, now the world’s #1 Health and Wellness podcast. He’s been a keynote speaker around the world, invited to Google, Microsoft, Netflix and American Express, among many others. Over two million people have attended his Online School, and his Genius Coaching community provides weekly programming on health and wellness to thousands of members in over 100 countries.
- A fulfilling life begins and ends with how you show up in your relationships. With that said, this could be the most valuable book you read this year.Dr Julie Smith, Clinical Psychologist and #1 Sunday Times Bestselling Author of Why Has Nobody Told Me This Before?
- This is the first and last book anyone needs to read on the topic of love and relationships. A truly complete, demystifying, challenging and captivating journey through modern love, its inevitable human challenges and its unavoidable human answers. One of the most important books I’ve ever read.Steven Bartlett
- Jay’s gift is to teach and empower. This book not only helps us gain a better understanding and appreciation of love, but assists us in achieving greater awareness of the self and the needs of those around us.Deepika Padukone
- Jay Shetty has created an excellent guide to rising in love to joy and fulfilment. The usual falling in love is a mask for self-importance; this is love as the ultimate truth in creation. The rules of love he explores will take you on a path of self-discovery towards new levels of awareness – the only means to blissful relationships.Deepak Chopra
- Jay’s great book provides real and heartfelt solutions to the complex problems that arise around love. I wish I’d been able to read it when I was young and chasing love and I’m grateful I’ve read it now – you will be too.Russell Brand, Comedian, Actor and Author