A detective no one believes in. A killer with nothing to lose…
Gripping standalone thriller from the Sunday Times No.1 bestselling author of the Logan McRae series.
Beware of the dark…
Welcome to the Misfit Mob – where Police Scotland dumps the officers it can’t get rid of, but wants to. Officers like DC Callum MacGregor, lumbered with all the boring go-nowhere cases. So when an ancient mummy is found at the Oldcastle tip, it’s his job to track down its owner.
But then Callum uncovers links between his mummified corpse and three missing young men, and life starts to get a lot more interesting.
No one expects the Misfit Mob to solve anything, but right now they’re all that stands between a killer’s victims and a slow lingering death. Can they prove everyone wrong before someone else dies?
About the author
Stuart MacBride is the No.1 Sunday Times bestselling author of the Logan McRae and Ash Henderson novels. He’s also published standalones, novellas and short stories as well as a children’s picture book.Stuart lives in the northeast of Scotland with his wife Fiona, cats Grendel, Gherkin, Onion and Beetroot, some hens, horses and a vast collection of assorted weeds
- ‘Wickedly twisty plotting and dazzling displays of black humour’ Library Journal
- Praise for Stuart MacBride:
- ‘Dark and gripping. A riveting page-turner’ Independent on Sunday
- ‘MacBride is a damned fine writer’ Peter James
- ‘A satisfyingly compelling thriller’ Sunday Mirror
- ‘Skilful storytelling … strong characterisation … intriguing and engrossing’ Guardian
- ‘MacBride’s thrillers just keep getting better’ Express
- ‘Exciting … a guaranteed bestseller’ Literary Review
- ‘Unmissable … superb storytelling’ Sun
- ‘Crime fiction of the highest order’ Mark Billingham
- ‘A terrific writer … Logan McRae is a delight’ The Times