She thought the murders had stopped. She was wrong.
‘A smart, edge-of-your-seat story with plot twists you’ll never see coming’ Karin Slaughter
‘Tense, twisty and threatening, A Flicker in the Dark will make you abandon your box sets’ Val McDermid
Soon to be a major TV series, developed by Emma Stone
Chloe Davis’ father is a serial killer.
He was convicted and jailed when she was twelve but the bodies of the girls were never found, seemingly lost in the surrounding Louisiana swamps. The case became notorious and Chloe’s family was destroyed.
His crimes stalk her like a shadow.
Now Chloe has rebuilt her life. She’s a respected psychologist in Baton Rouge and has a loving fiancé.
But she just can’t shake a tick-tick-tick of paranoia that, at any moment, it might all come crashing down.
As does something darker.
It is the anniversary of her father’s crimes, and Chloe is about to see her worst fears come true –
a girl she knows goes missing.
The nightmare has started again…
About the author
Stacy Willingham worked as a copywriter and brand strategist for various marketing agencies before deciding to write fiction full time. She earned her BA in Magazine Journalism from the University of Georgia and MFA in Writing from the Savannah College of Art & Design.Her debut novel, A Flicker in the Dark, is optioned for film and television by Oscar-winning actor Emma Stone and entertainment company A24.She currently lives in Charleston, South Carolina, with her husband, Britt, and her Labradoodle, Mako.
- ‘A smart, edge-of-your-seat story with plot twists you’ll never see coming. Stacy Willingham’s debut will keep you turning pages long past your bedtime.’Karin Slaughter, Sunday Times No. 1 Bestselling Author
- ‘Tense, twisty and threatening, A Flicker in the Dark will make you abandon your box sets’Val McDermid, No. 1 Bestselling author
- ‘Equal parts lush Southern Gothic, penetrating character study, family tragedy wrenching enough to bruise, taut psychological suspense, and – best of all – a mystery as profoundly satisfying as any I’ve read in years.A.J. Finn, no. 1 Bestselling author of The Woman in the Window
- ‘This was dark! Edge of your seen stuff… incredibly atmospheric and tricky.’Platinum
- ‘An impressive debut – full of switchback twists’Cara Hunter, author of the Sunday Times bestselling DI Fawley series
- ‘Haunting, lyrical and utterly compelling! Author Willingham takes us on an unstoppable journey through the psychology of evil, and of courage (in many senses), all told in a pitch-perfect literary style. Once you start reading, you will not put it down.’Jeffery Deaver, author of the Sunday Times bestselling Lincoln Rhyme and Colter Shaw series
- ‘A Flicker in the Dark is a bright debut indeed… Chloe is a terrific heroine whose justified paranoia will have you jumping at shadows and suspecting everyone you know. A brilliant new crime-writing talent has arrived.’Jane Casey, Sunday Times bestselling author of the Maeve Kerrigan series
- ‘A top-notch thriller that kept me up late, desperately turning pages. An astonishingly accomplished debut’Jo Spain, Sunday Times No. 1 bestselling author of The Perfect Lie
- ‘Atmospheric prose and abundant red herrings amplify the tale’s intensity. Willingham is a writer to watch.’Publishers Weekly
- ‘Don’t trust anyone in this wickedly good debut. A twisty and propulsive thriller.’Peter Swanson, author of Every Vow You Break