The stunning new thriller from No. 1 Sunday Times bestseller Stuart MacBride.
A dark night in the isolated Scottish countryside. Nicholas Wilson, a prominent professor known for his divisive social media rants, leaves the house with his dog, as he does every night. But this time he doesn’t come back…
The last thing Inspector Logan McRae wants is to take on such a high-profile case. But when a second man vanishes in similar circumstances, the media turns its merciless gaze on him, and he has no choice.
Then body parts start arriving in the post. Someone out there is trying to make a point, and they’re making it in blood.
From number one bestseller Stuart MacBride comes a thrilling new novel which will keep you on the edge of your seat from the first page to the last.
About the author
Stuart MacBride is the No.1 Sunday Times bestselling author of the Logan McRae and Ash Henderson novels. He’s also published standalones, novellas and short stories as well as a children’s picture book.Stuart lives in the northeast of Scotland with his wife Fiona, cats Grendel, Gherkin, Onion, and Beetroot, some hens, horses, and a vast collection of assorted weeds.
- ‘Dark and brilliantly written’ Linwood Barclay
- ‘A satisfying read and a hugely thoughtful novel … there’s no let-up for the reader’ Scotland on Sunday
- Praise for Stuart MacBride:
- ‘A tense and gritty thriller’ Irish Sunday Independent
- ‘The pages turn effortlessly. His best work yet.’ i
- ‘A tour de force … smartly paced and vividly pungent’ Laura Wilson, Guardian
- ‘MacBride’s books have always been ambitiously plotted and firmly character-driven … They are only getting richer and more rewarding. The Blood Road is his best work yet’ Scotland on Sunday
- ‘Dark and gripping. A riveting page-turner’ Independent on Sunday
- ‘MacBride is a damned fine writer’ Peter James
- ‘A satisfyingly compelling thriller’ Sunday Mirror
- ‘Skilful storytelling … strong characterisation … both intriguing and engrossing’ Guardian
- ‘MacBride’s thrillers just keep getting better’ Express
- ‘Exciting … a guaranteed bestseller’ Literary Review
- ‘Unmissable … Superb storytelling’ Sun
- ‘Crime fiction of the highest order’ Mark Billingham
- ‘A terrific writer … Logan McRae is a delight’ The Times