The alphabet is gloriously brought to life by international best-selling picture book creator, Oliver Jeffers. This beautiful paperback edition is based on Once Upon an Alphabet which won the CBI Book of the Year Award.
From an astronaut afraid of heights, to dynamic detectives the Owl and the Octopus, by way of some rusting robots, you will find within this book a short story inspired by every letter of the alphabet.
By turns funny, sad, mischievous and surprising, these entertaining mini-tales are accompanied by Jeffers’ witty and inviting illustrations.
About the author
Oliver Jeffers graduated from The University of Ulster in 2001 with First Class honours. His outstanding talent has been recognised by several high-profile awards, including the Nestlé Children’s Book Prize Gold Award. ‘Lost and Found’ animation was broadcast on Channel 4. Oliver lives and works in Brookyln, New York.
- ‘…combines classic storytelling with stunning artwork. Parents and kids will love to read this again and again’ The Bookseller
- Praise for ‘Lost and Found’
- ‘Beautifully illustrated, simple warm story…little children will love to share it.’ Carousel
- ‘My picture book of the year, a joyful exploration of the power of friendship.’ Irish Independent
- Praise for ‘How to Catch a Star’:
- ‘The best recent picture book by light years… stylishly spellbinding.’ Telegraph
- ‘Hail to new talent… If only all picture books could be this good.’ The Bookseller