A hilarious rollercoaster ride of pure entertainment for 9+ readers everywhere, Birthday Boy is the new Baddiel Blockbuster: featuring David’s inimitable and award-winning combination of wish-fulfilment, heart and hilarity, all brought to life by regular collaborator Jim Field’s witty, stylish illustrations.
What if it was every day?
This is the story of Sam Green, who really, really, really loves birthdays. He loves the special breakfasts in bed. The presents. The themed parties. Blowing out the candles on his cake. Everything.
He is so excited about his 11th birthday, in fact, that he wishes it was his birthday every day.
So, at first, it’s quite exciting when his birthday happens again the next morning. And again. And again. And again…
But it’s not long before things start to go wrong. Soon, disaster strikes, threatening something Sam loves even more than birthdays.
Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for…
About the author
David Baddiel is an author and comedian. His children’s novels The Parent Agency, The Person Controller and AniMalcolm have been runaway bestsellers and The Parent Agency was the winner of the Best Laugh Out Loud Book for 9 to 13-year-olds at the inaugural Laugh Out Loud Awards. David’s children’s books have sold over 1 million copies.
- Reviews for The Person Controller:
- “A perfect combination of humour, magic and a happy ending.” Charlotte Norman, Waterstones Bookseller
- “A real page turner… a compelling story with relatable characters and meaningful life lessons.” Huffington Post
- Reviews for The Parent Agency:
- “Funny, sometimes moving, always engaging” Guardian
- “I love this book because it really made me laugh! The best book I’ve read since I was born!” Tom, 11, LoveReading4Kids
- “Exciting and funny – I didn’t want to put it down!” Daisy, 10, LoveReading4Kids