The irresistible blockbuster YA romance of summer 2021 by six of the biggest voices in YA, as featured on ITV News.
Soon to be a major film & TV franchise for Netflix and produced by Barack and Michelle Obama!
Perfect for fans of Jenny Han, Netflix’s Let it Snow and Bolu Babalola’s Love in Colour
‘Perfect summer reading’ – The Stylist
‘Six top authors, including Angie Thomas who wrote The Hate U Give, come together to write a moving story of black teenage love. Perfect for bringing a taste of romance and American city life to your staycation’ – The Times
‘BLACKOUT is our love letter to love, to New York City, and to Black teens. Our reminder to them that their stories, their joy, their love is valid and worthy of being spotlighted.’ Dhonielle Clayton.
When a heatwave plunges New York City into darkness, sparks fly for thirteen teenagers caught up in the blackout.
A first meeting.
And maybe the beginning of something new…
When the lights go out, people reveal hidden truths, love blossoms, friendship transforms and new possibilities take flight.
Six of today’s biggest stars of the YA world, Dhonielle Clayton, Tiffany D. Jackson, Nic Stone, Angie Thomas, Ashley Woodfolk, and Nicola Yoon, bring all the electricity of love to a collection of charming, hilarious and heartbreaking tales that shine the brightest light through the dark.
About the author
Dhonielle Clayton is the NYT bestselling author of The Belles series and coauthor of the Tiny Pretty Things duology, now a Netflix original series.Tiffany D. Jackson is the critically-acclaimed author of Allegedly and Monday’s Not Coming. She is a Walter Dean Myers Honor Book and Coretta Scott King Award winner.Nic Stone is the #1 NYTbestselling author of Dear Martin and Clean Getaway.Angie Thomas is the author of the award-winning, #1 NYT bestselling novels The Hate U Give, On the Come Up, and Concrete Rose.Ashley Woodfolk is the author of the highly acclaimed The Beauty that Remains and When You Were Everything. Nicola Yoon is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Everything, Everything and The Sun Is Also a Star, both of which have been adapted into major motion pictures.
- ‘Perfect summer reading’ – The Stylist
- ’A moving story of black teenage love. Perfect for bringing a taste of romance and American city life to your staycation’ – The Times
- ‘Blackout is a novel of a moment in time, capturing the radiance, joy and possibility of teen romance’ – Time magazine
- ‘YA’s biggest stars have written the collab of the year with Blackout’ – Entertainment Weekly
- “★★★★★ A delightful, sprawling, warm and funny YA novel” – Culture Fly
- ‘Not one, not two, but six bestselling and award-winning authors come together to write a moving story of Black teen love, set against the backdrop of New York City in the summer.’ – Buzzfeed
- ‘Young Black love glows throughout this collaboration.’ Publishers’ Weekly STARRED REVIEW
- “This beautiful collaboration hits different from your typical romance novel, ultimately evoking the warmth of greater connection, community, and belonging. Each of these six powerhouse authors would draw a crowd on her own; together, watch out.”—Booklist STARRED REVIEW