The third DS Logan McRae thriller in the No.1 bestselling crime series from Stuart MacBride.
A crime of passion … or cold-hearted murder?
‘MacBride is a damned fine writer’ Peter James
The Granite City’s seedy side is about to be exposed…
A serial rapist is leaving a string of tortured women behind him, but while DS Logan McRae’s girlfriend, PC Jackie ‘Ball Breaker’ Watson, is out acting as bait, he’s trying to identify a blood-drenched body dumped outside Accident and Emergency.
Logan’s investigations suggest someone in the local bondage community has developed a taste for violent death, and he soon finds himself dragged into the twilight world of pornographers, sex-shops and S&M.
Meanwhile, the prime suspect in the rape case turns out to be Aberdeen Football Club’s star striker. Logan thinks they’ve got it horribly wrong, but Jackie is convinced the footballer’s guilty and she’s hell-bent on a conviction at any cost…
About the author
Stuart MacBride is the No.1 bestselling author of the DS Logan McRae series. His novels have won him the CWA Dagger in the Library, the Barry Award for Best Debut Novel, and Best Breakthrough Author at the ITV3 crime thriller awards. Stuart’s other works include Halfhead, a near-future thriller, Sawbones, a novella aimed at adult emergent readers, and several short stories. He lives in the north-east of Scotland with his wife, Fiona, and cat, Grendel.
- Praise for Broken Skin:
- ‘Compelling reading … a tribute to MacBride’s storytelling skill’ Sunday Telegraph
- ‘Grim, gritty and great fun’ Daily Sport
- Praise for Stuart MacBride:
- ‘Fierce, unflinching and shot through with the blackest of humour; this is crime fiction of the highest order’ Mark Billingham
- ‘Ferocious and funny, this is Tartan Noir at its best’ Val McDermid
- ‘MacBride is a damned fine writer – no one does dark and gritty like him’ Peter James