Explore Scotland’s ancient monuments with this pictorial map featuring over 700 castles and fortified houses. Includes an easy-to-use index listing visitor information and an attractive selection of photographs.
The map includes:
• Over 700 castles and fortications
• Index comprises map references, the age and type of each castle, public access details, Historic Scotland and National Trust for Scotland ownership, notable grounds and gardens, telephone numbers and websites
• Highlights Scotland’s finest castles, castellated mansions and also the best castles for children
• Attractive photographs of a selection of castles, together with a brief account of their history
• A brief history of Scottish castles and information on architectural types and periods of construction
• Internet links and suggested reading for further information
Scotland is a country as rich in castles and fortified houses as any other in Europe – this map is a guide to them
Other titles in the series include:
Tartans Map of Scotland
Scotland of Old Map Clans Map
Whisky Map of Scotland
About the author
Explore the world through accurate and up-to-date mapping.