It’s every parent’s worst nightmare…
Seventeen-year-old Bryony Lloyd’s father drops her off at a friend’s house to study – but when he returns to pick her up there’s no sign of her, and the woman who lives in the house swears she lives alone. Bryony has vanished into thin air, and her ‘friend’ doesn’t seem to exist.
DI Gaby Darin immediately sees similarities with another missing-persons case: seventeen-year-old Christy Taylor, who vanished without warning several months earlier. There’s nothing in the girls’ personal lives to suggest trouble at home – could someone have taken them both?
After a third case is linked, Gaby knows time is running out if she’s going to find Bryony and Christy alive. After going missing over a year ago, this girl’s just been found dead.
When a tragic accident means Gaby loses a vital member of her team, she distracts herself from her grief by throwing herself into finding the missing girls. Even if it means putting her whole career on the line…
A gripping and thrilling mystery for fans of Angela Marsons, Rachel McLean and Cara Hunter. Cold Grave will have you hooked!
Readers LOVE Jenny O’Brien!
‘I was gripped from the start… A brilliant plot with plenty of twists and turns.’ NetGalley reviewer
‘Enthralling.’ NetGalley reviewer
‘Fast becoming one of my favourite crime series… A puzzling, multi-layered crime that will keep you guessing until the final, surprising twist.’ NetGalley reviewer
‘Wow, this is a breathtaking police procedural… Kept me rapt throughout until the shocking conclusion, I just didn’t see that one coming… I highly recommend this book.’ NetGalley reviewer
‘Jenny O’Brien gets better and better!’ NetGalley reviewer
‘Wow… Fantastic story… Had me gripped till the end.’ NetGalley reviewer
‘Police procedural at its best. Fantastic, highly recommend… Lots of twists and turns.’ NetGalley reviewer
About the author
Born in Dublin, Jenny O’Brien moved to Wales and then Guernsey, where she tries to find time to both read and write in between working as a nurse and ferrying around three teenagers.In her spare time she can be found frowning at her wonky cakes and even wonkier breads. You'll be pleased to note she won't be entering Bake Off. She's also an all-year-round sea swimmer.
- Praise for Jenny O’Brien’s Gaby Darin series:
- ‘Gripping, emotional and full of twists and turns, this pacy thriller is fraught with tension – and we just loved it!’ Woman’s Weekly
- ‘Chilling and twisted…’ Woman & Home
- ‘Gripping, original, with a great storyline. I especially love the relationship between Gaby and her colleagues.’ B A Paris, Sunday Times bestselling author of Behind Closed Doors and The Dilemma
- ‘Gripping… Twists and turns aplenty and a great sense of place.’ S.E. Lynes, bestselling author of The Housewarming
- ‘Compelling…a heart-breaking emotional ride, topped off with a satisfying resolution.’ John Barlow, author of the DS Joe Romano series
- ‘This is one gripping book!’ Clare Chase, author of the Tara Thorpe Mystery books
- ‘I absolutely love this series… A solid 5 stars from me since it’s the most I can give!’ Valerie Keogh, bestselling author of The Little Lies and The Housewife
- ‘A cracking instalment in this wonderful series. If you’re looking for a well-developed procedural…this series is for you!’ Terry Lynn Thomas, USA Today bestselling author
- ‘An engaging, fast-paced read that hooked me from the very start… Another chilling addition to a great series that stands strong on its own!’ Karin Nordin, author of Where Ravens Roost