A captivating and page-turning romance perfect for fans of Christina Courtenay and Barbara Erskine!
On a windswept British coastline the tide bestows an unexpected gift…
It was the cry that she first noticed, the plaintive wail that called to her over the crash of winter waves. Wrapped only in a sealskin, the baby girl looks up at Effie and instantly captures her heart.
Effie has always been an outcast in her village, the only granddaughter of a woman people whisper is a witch, so she’s used to a solitary existence. But when Midsummer arrives so too does a man claiming to be the child’s father. Effie is surprised when he asks her to continue looking after his daughter, mysteriously refusing to explain why. When he returns six months hence she pushes him for answers. And Lachlan tells a story she never anticipated … one of selkies, legend, and the power of the sea…
Readers are loving Daughter of the Sea:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ‘I am lost for words…from beginning to end this book took my breath away’ Jeannie
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ‘This has to be one of the best reads of the year if not the best … Captivating, beautiful, spellbinding’ Angela
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ‘Where do I start? I adored this book on so many levels. Part love story, part grown up fairytale …A truly special book’ Mandy
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ‘What a fabulous read! Had me hooked from the first page’ Bev
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ‘I was completely transported by this beautiful story…the writing was both evocative and provocative’ Sandra
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ‘So well written … interesting and emotive’ Aria
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ‘Truly one of the most outstanding, captivating stories I have read…such a page turner’ Sandra
About the author
Elisabeth’s writing career began when she finished third in Harlequin’s So You Think You Can Write contest in 2013 and hasn't looked back. She teaches Primary school but would rather write full time because unlike five year olds her characters generally do what she tells them. She spends most of her spare time reading and is a pro at cooking one-handed while holding a book.She lives in Cheshire because the car broke down there in 1999 and she never left.
- Readers are absolutely loving The Secret Agent:
- ‘Captivated my heart…5 out of 5 stars for me’ Megan
- ‘A beautiful historical novel describing the plight of a brave young woman willing to put her own life at risk for the sake of saving others’ Julia
- ‘A wonderful novel with exciting twists and a satisfying ending’ Emily
- ‘I sat up through the night reading this book and I would definitely recommend it’ Julie
- ‘Perfect for a flight or a night curled up with a cup of tea or wine’ Sarah
- ‘A heartbreaking story of the sacrifices made by the young women of the S.O.E’ Anne
- ‘I would give this a higher rating than 5 it was that good’ Patricia
- ‘There is romance, drama and tension … an enjoyable read’ Karyn