The explosive debut by No. 1 New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth.
DIVERGENT – a major motion picture franchise.
The first book in the DIVERGENT series that has swept the globe – selling millions of copies world-wide.
In the world of Divergent, society is divided into five factions – Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity and Erudite. Every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice Prior, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is. Her choice shocks everyone, including herself.
During the initiation that follows, Tris and her fellow initiates undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them, Tris must determine who her friends really are – and whether she can trust the man who both threatens and protects her.
Because Tris has a deadly secret. And as growing conflict threatens to unravel their seemingly perfect society, this secret might save those she loves… or it might destroy her.
Debut author Veronica Roth bursts onto the scene with the first book in the Divergent trilogy – dystopian thrillers filled with electrifying decisions, heartbreaking betrayals, stunning consequences and unexpected romance.
About the author
Veronica Roth is the No. 1 New York Times bestselling author of Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant – the Divergent trilogy. Now a full-time writer, Ms. Roth and her husband live in Chicago. You can visit her online at Twitter, Tumblr, her blog, and her website.
- Praise for DIVERGENT:
- “The next big thing.” Rolling Stone
- “Thrilling” US Weekly
- “If you like Hunger Games & Twilight, then get stoked for DIVERGENT! Trust us on this—this baby is going to blow up BIG! And if you chose to remain factionless, then you’re gonna be one lonely soul.” PerezHilton.com
- “A taut and shiveringly exciting read! Tris is exactly the sort of unflinching and fierce heroine I love. I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough.” Melissa Marr, bestselling author of Wicked Lovely
- “DIVERGENT is a captivating, fascinating book that kept me in constant suspense and was never short on surprises. It will be a long time before I quit thinking about this haunting vision of the future.” James Dashner, author of ‘The Maze Runner’
- “Divergent holds its own in the [dystopian] genre, with brisk pacing, lavish flights of imagination and writing that occasionally startles with fine detail.” New York Times