You always remember your first love. Don’t you…?
’I loved it! So funny and warm. A delicious read’ Marian Keyes
’Hilarious, warm and life affirming’ Jenny Colgan
It began with four words.
‘I love your laugh. x’
But that was twelve years ago. It really began the day Georgina was fired from The Worst Restaurant in Sheffield (© Tripadvisor) and found The Worst Boyfriend in the World (© Georgina’s best friends) in bed with someone else.
So when her new boss, Lucas McCarthy, turns out to be the boy who wrote those words to her all that time ago, it feels like the start of something.
The only problem? He doesn’t seem to remember Georgina – at all…
This irresistible new book from Mhairi McFarlane is the perfect story to escape with. Compulsively readable, absolutely hilarious and deliciously romantic, you will not be able to put it down.
About the author
Sunday Times bestselling author Mhairi McFarlane was born in Scotland in 1976 and her unnecessarily confusing name is pronounced Vah-Ree.After some efforts at journalism, she started writing novels and her first book, You Had Me At Hello, was an instant success. She’s now written five books and she lives in Nottingham with a man and a cat.
- ‘I loved it! So funny and warm – a delicious read’ Marian Keyes
- ‘Wildly funny and wildly romantic… Another wonderful novel from an author at the top of her game’ Louise O’Neill
- ‘Beautiful, funny and heartbreaking’ Giovanna Fletcher
- ‘Funny and heartfelt, full of humour and wisdom, I absolutely loved it’ Katie Fforde
- ‘Intelligent, edgy and laugh out loud funny – a romantic comedy to love’ Sunday Mirror
- ‘The perfect mix of comedy, whip smart dialogue and all the feels’ Fabulous
- ‘Mhairi gets the mix of laughs, romance and serious emotional depth just right in this page-turner that stands out from the crowd’ S Magazine
- ‘Hilarious, clever and beautifully written’ Daily Mail
- ‘Fiery, feminist, fit, filthy and very timely … astonishingly good’ Harriet Reuter Hapgood
- ‘A warm belly full of joy from start to finish!’ Holly Bourne
- ‘Mhairi’s best yet: nobody does modern love like her, hilarious, devastating and real’ Laura Kemp
- Praise for Mhairi McFarlane:
- ‘An effortlessly brilliant read – will have you laughing when you shouldn’t and sobbing when you least expect it’ Giovanna Fletcher
- ‘Totally hilarious and wincingly real’ Jenny Colgan
- ‘Her best yet – write faster!’ Holly Bourne
- ‘No-one writes such wry, emotionally complex romantic fiction’ RED
- ‘The perfect balance of romcom and drama… the ultimate holiday read!’ GRAZIA
- ‘Warm, nuanced, compelling’ STYLIST
- ‘Intelligent and insightful’ HEAT
- ‘Sparky, smart, sore-stomach-laughing kind of read’ FABULOUS
- ‘Hilarious’ HELLO