From Michael Crichton, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Jurassic Park, comes a thrilling adventure set in the Wild West that will keep you on the edge of your seat from the first page to the last!
If you thought Jurassic Park was an adventure, you should try the Wild West!
1876. In the lawless territories of the Wild West, two teams of explorers are pitted against one another. Their quarry? Dinosaur bones. But in a land filled with hostile Indian tribes and towns where pistol fights are a daily occurrence, every exploit puts their lives in danger…
William Johnson, a student with more privilege than sense, finds himself plunged into this deadly environment after making a brash wager. Alongside Edwin Drinker Cope, the famed adventurer, he stumbles upon a momentous discovery – dragon teeth of a fantastic size!
But to keep this extraordinary treasure safe, William must first confront some of the West’s most dangerous and notorious characters…
About the author
Michael Crichton (1942–2008) was the author of the groundbreaking novels The Andromeda Strain, The Great Train Robbery, Jurassic Park, Disclosure, Prey, State of Fear, and Next, among many others. His books have sold more than 200 million copies worldwide, have been translated into thirty-eight languages, and have provided the basis for fifteen feature films. He was the director of Westworld, Coma, The Great Train Robbery and Looker, as well as the creator of ER. Crichton remains the only writer to have a number one book, movie, and TV show in the same year.
- ‘A gripping and entertaining read’ Sunday Times
- ‘Filled with colorful Wild West characters’ Washington Post
- ‘A fun, suspenseful, entertaining, well-told tale’ USA Today
- Praise for Michael Crichton:
- ‘One of the most ingenious, inventive thriller writers around… Another high-concept treat… written in consummate page-turning style’ Observer
- ‘This is Crichton on top form, preying on our fears about new technology and convincing us that we aren’t half as afraid as we should be’ The Times
- ‘Mixing cutting-edge science with thrills and spills, this is classic Crichton’ Daily Mirror
- ‘Crichton masterfully maintains the suspense throughout the fast-paced story … Prey will invade your nightmares for a long time to come’ Time Out
- ‘A satirical black-comedy thriller… Crichton writes likes Tom Wolfe on speed… completely brilliant…’ Daily Mail
- ‘Crichton pulls off a slick thriller at a cracking pace’ Daily Telegraph
- ‘Exciting … a master storyteller’ Sunday Telegraph
- ‘Terrific fun. The pages whip by’ Independent
- ‘A gripping, impeccably researched thriller’ Evening Standard