The stunning new thriller from the No. 1 Sunday Times bestselling author
You thought no one saw you. You were wrong.
Leigh and her sister Callie are not bad people – but one night, more than two decades ago, they did something terrible. And the result was a childhood tarnished by secrets, broken by betrayal, devastated by violence.
Years later, Leigh has pushed that night from her mind and become a successful lawyer – but when she is forced to take on a new client against her will, her world begins to spiral out of control.
Because the client knows the truth about what happened twenty-three years ago. He knows what Leigh and Callie did. And unless they stop him, he’s going to tear their lives apart …
Just because you didn’t see the witness … doesn’t mean he wasn’t there.
What readers are saying about False Witness
‘WOW!!! I absolutely loved it’ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
‘My favourite book of 2021’ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
‘A rollercoaster of emotions’ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
‘Wow! What a story!’ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
‘A one-sitting read’ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
‘I binge-read it’ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Karin Slaughter’s previous novel The Silent Wife was a No.1 Sunday Times bestseller w/e 27/6/20
About the author
Karin Slaughter is one of the world’s most popular and acclaimed storytellers. Published in 120 countries with more than 35 million copies sold across the globe, her 20 novels include the Grant County and Will Trent books, as well as the Edgar-nominated Cop Town and the instant Sunday Times bestselling novels Pretty Girls, The Good Daughter and Pieces of Her. Slaughter is the founder of the Save the Libraries project—a nonprofit organization established to support libraries and library programming. A native of Georgia, Karin Slaughter lives in Atlanta. Her standalone novel Pieces of Her is in development with Netflix and the Grant County and Will Trent series are in development for television.
- ‘Heart-stopping one moment, heart-breaking the next. Slaughter at her finest’ Cara Hunter, author of All the Rage
- ‘Her heroines are believable, flawed and courageous’ Oyinkan Braithwaite, author of My Sister, The Serial Killer
- ‘Absorbing’ Sunday Times
- ‘Dizzyingly dark and breathlessly compelling, False Witness is both a deeply textured crime mystery and a moving commentary on life in America during the current health crisis. Utterly unforgettable’ B. P. Walter, author of The Dinner Guest
- ‘Rich characters and deft plotting make this an unputdownable story that will move you to the core. This is Slaughter’s best yet’ Camilla Lackberg, author of the Fjallbacka series
- ‘A twisty, searingly contemporary mystery steeped in a dark past…catches your breath and keeps you gasping and guessing until the end’ Stacey Abrams, author of While Justice Sleeps
- ‘Karin Slaughter is a master of the thriller genre’ Francesca Momplaisir, author of My Mother’s House
- Praise for Karin Slaughter:
- ‘Gripping, gruesome and emotionally powerful, this is Slaughter doing what she does best’ Mail on Sunday
- ‘As sharp and absorbing as ever’ Guardian
- ‘Slaughter’s novel is both a page-turner and a protest about how often sexual violence is overlooked’ Sunday Times
- ‘I’d follow her anywhere’ Gillian Flynn
- ‘One of the boldest thriller writers working today’ Tess Gerritsen
- ‘Her characters, plot, and pacing are unrivalled’ Michael Connelly
- ‘Passion, intensity, and humanity’ Lee Child
- ‘A writer of extraordinary talents’ Kathy Reichs
- ‘Fiction doesn’t get any better than this’ Jeffery Deaver
- ‘A great writer at the peak of her powers’ Peter James
- ‘Karin Slaughter has – by far – the best name of all of us mystery novelists’ James Patterson
- ‘It’s big, dark, rich, satisfying, and bloody – like a perfectly cooked steak’ Stuart MacBride
- ‘The queen of the explosive thriller’ Good Housekeeping