‘A real life thriller, packed with characters that even John le Carré couldn’t dream of. If this doesn’t scare you, then you’re not paying attention.’ Oliver Bullough
They thought they would be safe in Britain. They were wrong.
‘Brilliantly and bravely researched, this book lays bare the brutal and murderous truth’ Jon Snow of Channel 4 News
‘A spellbinding and heart-in-your-throat true story of Russian money and serial killing … In addition to being an unputdownable story, her shocking exposé will hopefully change the way the British authorities act ’ Bill Browder, author of Red Notice
‘Gripping … When Putin opponents start dropping dead from poisonings, suspicious accidents and surprise heart attacks,the chronology is as damning as it is alarming’ New York Times
Exposing one of the most terrifying stories of our time, Heidi Blake investigates a string of suspicious deaths on British and American soil to build a shocking picture.
Russia systematically assassinates those who dare to flee its grasp – as well as the British citizens who get in the way. Meanwhile, the British authorities turn a blind eye, every investigation curtailed in favour of courting the Kremlin.
Based on the revelatory discovery of over a dozen ignored murders, this is a chilling, page-turning read.
About the author
Heidi Blake is an investigative journalist at BuzzFeed News. She has won more than twenty national and international media awards, and her team’s investigation into Russian assassinations in the West was named a Pulitzer finalist in 2018. Blake was previously assistant editor of the Sunday Times, where her work on corruption at FIFA helped bring down FIFA president Sepp Blatter, and she is the coauthor of The Ugly Game: The Corruption of FIFA and the Qatari Plot to Buy the World Cup.
- ‘Breathtaking in its scope and commendable in its detail … Blake’s triumph is that she can pull an extraordinary tale of larceny on a grand scale, corruption of unprecedented levels and serial murder into a brisk, comprehensible narrative’ Sunday Herald
- ‘A real life thriller, packed with characters that even John le Carré couldn’t dream of. If this doesn’t scare you, then you’re not paying attention.’ Oliver Bullough, author of Moneyland
- ‘A spellbinding and heart-in-your-throat true story of Russian money and serial killing by agents of the Russian state in London … In addition to being an unputdownable story, her shocking expose will hopefully change the way the British authorities act on crimes emanating from Russia in the future.’ Bill Browder, author of Red Notice
- ‘Brilliantly and bravely researched, this book lays bare the brutal and murderous truth that lies at the core of Putin’s Russia.’ Jon Snow
- ‘One reads From Russia With Blood with a mix of delightful dread and serious unease. This book is, on the one hand, a thrilling detective story. On the other it whispers worrying things about Britain’s vulnerability. Entertaining and urgent in one go’ Peter Pomerantsev
- ‘With groundbreaking reporting, riveting stories, and layers of intrigue, From Russia With Blood unravels Vladimir Putin’s web of violence and intimidation, and adds essential detail to our understanding of the lengths the Russian government will go to silence its critics’ Ben Rhodes, former White House National Security Advisor and author of NY Times bestseller The World As It Is
- ‘Riveting, exhaustively researched … Reminds us that tangling with Vladimir Putin, no matter where, can be a deadly game.’ Amy Knight, author of Putin’s Killers