NEW BOOK AND CD PACK – A hilarious and moving story of old age, adventure, stolen jewels and swimming the Thames, from Sport Relief star and all-round hero David Walliams.
“I absolutely love David Walliams’s books. In a few more years they will become classics.” – Sue Townsend, author of Adrian Mole
Our hero Ben is bored beyond belief after he is made to stay at his grandma’s house. She’s the boringest grandma ever: all she wants to do is to play Scrabble, and eat cabbage soup. But there are two things Ben doesn’t know about his grandma.
1) She was once an international jewel thief.
2) All her life, she has been plotting to steal the crown jewels, and now she needs Ben’s help…
About the author
David Walliams has revolutionised reading for children and become one of the most influential children’s writers today. Since the publication of his ground-breaking first novel, The Boy in the Dress (2008), Walliams has seen unprecedented growth with global sales exceeding 32 million copies, and his books translated into 53 languages. Born in London, Tony Ross went to art school in Liverpool. His cartoons have appeared in famous publications the world over. His first book, Hugo and the Wicked Winter, was published in 1972. Tony has since written over 100 books and illustrated over 2000! His creations Towser and The Little Princess have been turned into TV series. David and Tony have worked on six bestselling picture books together, and nine of David’s phenomenally successful children’s novels. David and Tony also collaborated on the 2017 World Book Day title, BLOB, and on the blockbuster collections, The World’s Worst Children 1, 2 and 3.
- “An enjoyable read with an unexpected bittersweet ending” – The Sun
- “Hugely entertaining… a comic, touching and at times sad story” – Daily Express
- “This is possibly David’s funniest book ever.” – Heat
- “Anyone who thinks that all grannies do is wear mauve…will laugh out loud at David Walliams’s new book” – Telegraph Magazine