The HEARTWARMINGLY HILARIOUS children’s picture book from NUMBER ONE bestselling David Walliams. Illustrated by artistic genius Tony Ross, and read by the author himself in this spectacular book and CD edition!
Meet Geronimo – the baby penguin who has one dream and one dream only – and that is to fly!
But everyone knows penguins can’t fly… or can they?
With a little help from his dad and friends, baby Geronimo discovers that even the wildest of dreams can come true.
A delightfully topsy-turvy book with an uplifting message about following your dreams – another blockbusting classic from David Walliams and Tony Ross!
Hilariously read by David Walliams, this fantastically funny story now comes in this brilliant Book and CD edition.
There are lots of funny pictures of penguins in this book, but please note any mention of ‘free’ penguins on the back cover is a joke and as such should be taken lightly.
About the author
David Walliams has revolutionised reading for children and become one of the most influential children’s writers today. Since the publication of his ground-breaking first novel, The Boy in the Dress (2008), Walliams has seen unprecedented growth with global sales exceeding 40 million copies, and his books translated into 53 languages. Born in London, Tony Ross went to art school in Liverpool. His cartoons have appeared in famous publications the world over. His first book, Hugo and the Wicked Winter, was published in 1972. Tony has since written over 100 books and illustrated over 2000! David and Tony have worked on seven bestselling picture books together, and thirteen of David’s phenomenally successful children’s novels. David and Tony also collaborated on the 2017 World Book Day title, BLOB, and on the blockbuster collections The World’s Worst Children 1, 2 and 3, The World’s Worst Teachers and The World’s Worst Parents.
- PRAISE FOR DAVID WALLIAMS’ PICTURE BOOKS:
- “Pre-schoolers will roar with laughter” – Daily Express
- “Part Aesop, part Spike Milligan… this is rollicking stuff” – Big Issue
- “Funny and with brilliant illustrations… sure to be another bestseller” – The Sun
- PRAISE FOR DAVID WALLIAMS:
- “I absolutely love David Walliams’s books. In a few more years they will become classics.” – Sue Townsend, author of Adrian Mole
- “Dahl finally has a worthy successor” – Telegraph
- “Another triumph for David Walliams. His books are a breath of wonderful fresh air” – The Sun