Two best friends.
One missed chance.
And a night that changes everything.
Eve, Justin, Susie and Ed have been friends since they were eighteen. Now in their 30s, the four are still as close as ever, Thursday pub quiz night is still sacred, and Eve is still secretly in love with Ed.
Maybe Eve should have moved on by now, but she can’t stop thinking about what could have been. And she knows Ed sometimes thinks about it too.
Then one night, in an instant, all their lives change forever. And, as Eve learns she didn’t know her friends as well as she thought, she also discovers she isn’t the only person keeping secrets…
‘Brilliant on relationships, friendships and emotions… I loved, loved, loved this book’
Marian Keyes, #1 bestselling author of Grown-Ups
‘Gorgeously romantic, as well as a story about friendship and grief and loss; I never wanted it to end’
Beth O’Leary, #1 bestselling author of The Flatshare
‘A luminous, heart-achingly beautiful love letter to friendship’
Josie Silver, #1 bestselling author of One Day in December
Don’t miss the brand-new book from the internationally bestselling author, a heartbreaking story of love, friendship and secrets.
About the author
Mhairi McFarlane is the internationally bestselling author of seven rom-com books. Born in Scotland in 1976, she now lives in Nottingham, with a man and a cat.
- Praise for Last Night
- ‘LAST NIGHT manages to be both genuinely heartbreaking and hilarious – that’s how good Mhairi McFarlane is. It’s a gorgeously romantic novel, as well as a story about friendship and grief and loss; I never wanted it to end’ Beth O’Leary, #1 bestselling author of The Flat Share
- ‘Honestly, I cannot remember the last book I loved as much! It reminded me of Ralph’s Party, and also felt reminiscent of the friendship group in Bridget Jones. What a luminous, heart-achingly beautiful love letter to friendship’ Josie Silver, #1 bestselling author of One Day in December
- ‘It’s a long time since I loved any book as much. She’s so BRILLIANT on relationships, friendships and emotions. Her characters are nuanced, convincing and loveable…she deserves massive praise and recognition. I loved, loved, loved this book’ Marian Keyes, #1 bestselling author of Grown-Ups
- ‘Mhairi writes absolutely brilliant romantic comedies, I just love her’ Jenny Colgan
- ‘A glorious, heartwrenching story and a beautiful love letter to female friendship’ bestselling author Laura Kemp
- ‘A real page-turner’ Bella
- ‘Really rather brilliant’ Best
- ‘Perfect weekend reading’ New!
- ‘Deliciously barbed banter is what we’ve come to expect from Mhairi McFarlane, but this story also centres on grief and loss with a thoughtful and deceptively light touch’ Red