‘I love, love, love Mhairi . . . I read this with delight and envy’ MARIAN KEYES
Pre-order now! The brilliant new romcom from the bestselling author of mega-hit, Last Night
One big coincidence.
Driving each other crazy is just the beginning…
Harriet Hatley is running away from everything.
Her boyfriend’s family.
A dream house-share seems like the perfect place to hide, but her unlikely housemate Cal is no stranger to running away himself. And he’s also hiding secrets of his own . . .
Can these two take a crazy risk, face the past and finally find a reason to stay?
‘Gorgeous, funny, life-affirming’ JENNY COLGAN
‘Funny, poignant, full of insight . . . a triumph’ KATIE FFORDE
‘A compelling, clever story, while still being so ridiculously funny and heartwarming’ LUCY VINE
‘A plot that gets under your skin, and one scene in particular that will have women everywhere cheering out loud’ LUCY DIAMOND
‘The master of thought-provoking romantic fiction’ SOPHIE COUSENS
’Burningly funny, achingly romantic, and a plot so tightly crafted it’s like a song’ LAURA JANE WILLIAMS
‘So funny, so sad . . . so sharp and heartwarming’ LIA LOUIS
‘Full of compassion and hope, and blissfully, wonderfully romantic’ CRESSIDA MCLAUGHLIN
‘Laugh-out-loud funny, devastatingly moving, and delightfully swoony’ LOUISE O’NEILL
‘Mhairi is absolutely brilliant . . . I’m in awe of her talent’ EMMA HUGHES
‘I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed a book so much’ GILLIAN MCALLISTER
‘Smart, funny and feel-good with cracking one liners. Mhairi at her brilliant best’ ALEX BROWN
‘Hilarious, wise, and clever . . . and chemistry that sizzles off the page’ JUSTIN MYERS
Pre-order the biggest romcom of 2022 now!
About the author
Sunday Times bestselling author Mhairi McFarlane was born in Scotland in 1976 and her unnecessarily confusing name is pronounced Vah-Ree.After some efforts at journalism, she started writing novels and her first book, You Had Me At Hello, was an instant success and she’s since sold nearly 2 million copies of her books. Mad About You is her eighth book and she lives in Nottingham with a man and a cat.
- ‘My heart always soars at a new Mhairi novel, I love love love her. She’s so great at treading the narrow line between humour and loss. I read this with delight and envy’ Marian Keyes, Again, Rachel
- ‘I ADORED IT! So funny, so sad in parts, and just so sharp and heartwarming. Mhairi at her absolute finest with an exquisite balance of light and shade’ Lia Louis, Eight Perfect Hours
- ‘It’s so funny, so moving, so perfectly paced, so everything. She is absolutely brilliant, the kind of writer you feel lucky to be around … I’m in awe of her talent’ Emma Hughes, No Such Thing As Perfect
- ‘Mhairi McFarlane just gets better and better. Mad About You was such a joy to read – it’s laugh out loud funny, devastatingly moving, and delightfully swoony, all at once. McFarlane is in a league of her own’ Louise O’Neill, Idol
- ‘I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed a book so much. A hero and heroine to root for, a plot that races along with the pace of a thriller and the heart of a romance, and an ending I will never forget’ Gillian McAllister, That Night
- ‘What a gorgeous, funny, life-affirming writer Mhairi is. She just makes me laugh’ Jenny Colgan, The Christmas Bookshop
- Praise for Mhairi McFarlane
- ‘Brilliant on relationships, friendships and emotions… I loved, loved, loved this book’ Marian Keyes, #1 bestselling author of Grown-Ups
- ‘Gorgeously romantic, as well as a story about friendship and grief and loss; I never wanted it to end’ Beth O’Leary, #1 bestselling author of The Flatshare
- ‘A luminous, heart-achingly beautiful love letter to friendship’ Josie Silver, #1 bestselling author of One Day in December
- ‘An effortlessly brilliant read – will have you laughing when you shouldn’t and sobbing when you least expect it’ Giovanna Fletcher