The captivating new companion to international bestsellers Here We Are and What We’ll Build
A father takes his two children on a thrilling out-of-this-world adventure into space and invites them to look back at Earth and the conflicts that have taken place since the beginning of time. This becomes a brief history of the world and a whistle-stop guide to the universe, all rolled into one – and told with Oliver Jeffers’s inimitable perspective, wit and exquisite artwork.
Meanwhile Back on Earth gives a unique look at like life on Earth with a cosmic perspective – and an enduring message that what binds us together matters more than what sets us apart. A timely story for families everywhere.
About the author
Oliver Jeffers makes art and tells stories. From his much-loved debut, How to Catch a Star, he has gone on to create a collection of award-winning and bestselling picture books, which have been translated all over the globe, including the New York Times number 1 bestseller and TIME Magazine Best Book of the Year, Here We Are. Oliver is from Belfast and now lives and works in Brooklyn. He has rudimentary building skills, but a lot of imagination and some new team mates.
- Praise for Here We Are:
- “The witty images are atmospheric and full of enthralling detail” Nicolette Jones / The Times
- “An optimistic snapshot of contemporary life, this heartfelt hug of a book ought to become a classic” The Guardian
- “Beautiful illustrations” Creative Review
- “There is a childlike awe and wonder about the stars and planets in the book” The Irish Times
- ‘Delightfully illustrated’ Time
- ‘Beautifully illustrated’ Artists & Illustrators
- ‘This performer had assured pace and charm. The storytelling was captivating and a beautifully realised gem, with a surprise ending. Gorgeous!’ Audio Production Awards judges