THE #2 WATERSTONES BESTSELLER
’Beautifully explored and deeply complex’ Gal Gadot
Joyful, devastating, and profound, Meet Me in Another Life is a story of love and connection in every possible form that will captivate fans of Stuart Turton, Claire North, and Audrey Niffenegger.
Thora and Santi have met before…
Under the clocktower in central Cologne, with nothing but the stars above and their futures ahead.
They will meet again…
They don’t know it yet, but they’ll meet again: in numerous lives they will become friends, colleagues, lovers, enemies – meeting over and over for the first time, every time; each coming to know every version of the other.
Only they can make sure it’s not for the last time.
But as they’re endlessly drawn together and the lines between their different lives begin to blur, they are faced with one question: why?
They must discover the truth of their strange attachment before this, and all their lives, are lost forever.
About the author
Catriona Silvey was born in Glasgow and grew up in Perthshire and Derbyshire, which left her with a strange accent and a distrust of flat places. She overcame the latter to do a BA in English at Cambridge, and spent the next few years there working in scientific publishing. After that she did a PhD in language evolution, in the hope of finding out where all these words came from in the first place.Following stints in Edinburgh and Chicago, she returned to Cambridge, where she lives with her husband and a very peculiar cat. When she’s not working as a researcher studying meaning in language, she writes fantasy and science fiction. Her short stories have been performed at the Edinburgh International Book Festival and shortlisted for the Bridport Prize.
- ‘Engaging and inventive, this debut novel will appeal to fans of THE TIME TRAVELLER’S WIFE’’BookBub, The Best Books of Spring 2021
- ‘Will break your heart in the best possible way’ Popsugar, The 25 Best Books of April
- ‘Clever and, in the end, heartbreaking’Financial Times
- ‘I’m psyched about . . . MEET ME IN ANOTHER LIFE (been waiting for this one!!)’Jodi Picoult
- ‘An incredibly clever book that takes a thought experiment and gives it heart and depth. A brilliant premise beautifully executed’ Christina Sweeney-Baird, author of THE END OF MEN
- ‘A sweet, melancholy heartache of a novel’Kate Mascarenhas, author of THE PSYCHOLOGY OF TIME TRAVEL
- ‘Inventive, bold, and surprising – from where the novel starts I could have never imagined where it ends. Along the way the story of Thora and Santi builds in suspense and emotion, revealing itself page by page, layer by layer. Cleverly constructed and highly entertaining’Charles Yu
- ‘Brilliant, lush, and achingly imaginative! I love this book in every life’Beth Revis, bestselling author of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE and A WORLD WITHOUT YOU
- ‘A truly captivating work with an ending that rocked my socks off’Erika Swyler, author of LIGHT FROM OTHER STARS and THE BOOK OF SPECULATION
- ‘A remarkable debut, haunting, genre-transcending. The human condition reflected in a shattered mirror’Stephen Baxter
- ‘Science fiction can reach out to the stars and at the same time hold tight to the human heart. The many layers of mystery in this beautiful love story lead to a breathtaking ending’Sue Burke, author of SEMIOSIS