The second book about gorgeous toddler bear, Humber, and his family. From the highly-regarded creator of Blue Kangaroo and Melrose and Croc.
When Humber’s mum returns home from hospital, she has a little surprise for him… a baby sister, Plum!
Mum’s very busy taking care of the baby and she doesn’t seem to have quite as much time for Humber as she used to. Can he think of a way to regain her full attention?
Emma Chichester Clark’s exquisite illustrations and wonderfully acute observations evoke a captivating world that both young children and their parents will instantly recognise.
About the author
Emma ChichesterClark studied at the Royal College of Art . She has worked as a freelancer for magazines, publishers and advertising agencies as well as teaching art for several years, but now dedicates most of her time to children’s books.
- Praise for ‘Melrose and Croc’:
- ‘Full of bright detail, this is a picture book young readers could well dream about as being the next best thing to entering its pages.’ The Independent
- ‘Two irresistible new characters from the creator of the popular Blue Kangaroo series.’ Winter edition, Primary Times
- ‘A heart-warming tale of how friendships begin… This book is a wonderful tactile experience, from the shimmery glittery cover… to the gentle watercolours inside, which are printed on the creamiest of papers.’ The Irish Times
- ‘It delights children but adults will appreciate the period evocation of the festive-season cities and the off-season seaside.’ The Sunday Times
- ‘Incredibly touching story.’ Primary Times
- ‘Gorgeous Christmassy story about friendship.’ Angels and Urchins
- ‘You don’t have to get too sentimental to find something special…The light in the illustrations makes this book all the more magical.’ Junior
- ‘A beautifully illustrated and heart-warming tale.’ Family Interest Magazine
- ‘This author/illustrator goes from strength to strength… Mouth-watering illustrations, ideal text, two mightily engaging characters – altogether the star on top of the tree.’ Carousel
- Praise for ‘I Love You, Blue Kangaroo!’:
- ‘Presented in clear, bright colours, this is a charming tale about affection and sharing.‘ School Librarian
- ‘The story is told with great sensitivity and gentleness and it is a profoundly satisfying and rewarding book.’ Carousel
- ‘’I Love You, Blue Kangaroo!’…would melt the stoniest heart. Blue Kangaroo is ousted from his place… by a procession of new toys. A tender and touching story for three to six year olds.’ Sunday Telegraph