Celebrate the 60th anniversary of Paddington, the much-loved bear from Darkest Peru, with this brand new classic picture book. Paddington is now a major movie star!
For six decades, stories of Paddington Bear have delighted children all over the world.
When Mr Gruber takes Paddington on a special outing to St Paul’s Cathedral, there is one surprise after another. But the biggest of all comes when Paddington is mistaken for a choir bear and suddenly finds himself joining the choir for a most unusual rehearsal!
About the author
Michael Bond was born in Newbury, Berkshire on 13 January 1926 and educated at Presentation College, Reading. He served in the Royal Air Force and the British Army before working as a cameraman for BBC TV for 19 years. In 2015, Michael was awarded a CBE for his services to children’s literature, to add to the OBE he received in 1997. Michael died in 2017, leaving behind one of the great literary legacies of our time.
- “Lots of laughs and gorgeous drawings. Lovely.” 5 stars. The Sun
- Praise for Paddington’s Finest Hour:
- “…a delight throughout…” Financial Times
- Praise for Love From Paddington:
- “…a jolly ride through the best of the Paddington tales” The Times
- “…a delightful collection…” Sunday Express
- Praise for the Paddington series:
- ‘I’ve always had great respect for Paddington…He is a British institution.’ Stephen Fry
- ‘Paddington has joined Pooh as one of the great bears of English children’s literature.’ The Teacher
- ‘Michael Bond’s accident-prone bear…has become one of the most enduring of children’s characters.’ The Bookseller