Enjoy eight delightful Paddington story books in this special gift edition suitcase.
Children’s favourite, Paddington is al bear of earnest good intentions who gets drawn into mishap and adventure at every turn. Thankfully his great sense of logic and determination manage to get him out of most scrapes, albeit in perhaps some rather unconventional ways.
Find out what happens when Paddington gets all the wrong kind of attention at the zoo, goes on a funfair ride and ‘helps’ around the house…
The Paddington books contained in the suitcase are:
Paddington and the Busy Day
Paddington and the Marmalade Maze
Paddington and the Tutti Frutti Rainbow
Paddington at the Fair
Paddington at the Palace
Paddington at the Zoo
Paddington Minds the House
Paddington the Artist
About the author
Michael Bond was born in Newbury, Berkshire on 13 January 1926 and educated at Presentation College, Reading. He served in the Royal Air Force and the British Army before working as a cameraman for BBC TV for 19 years. In 2015, Michael was awarded a CBE for his services to children’s literature, to add to the OBE he received in 1997. Michael died in 2017, leaving behind one of the great literary legacies of our time.
- Praise for Paddington’s Finest Hour:
- “…a delight throughout…” Financial Times
- Praise for Love From Paddington:
- “…a jolly ride through the best of the Paddington tales” The Times
- “…a delightful collection…” Sunday Express
- Praise for the Paddington series:
- ‘I’ve always had great respect for Paddington…He is a British institution.’ Stephen Fry
- ‘Paddington has joined Pooh as one of the great bears of English children’s literature.’ The Teacher
- ‘Michael Bond’s accident-prone bear…has become one of the most enduring of children’s characters.’ The Bookseller