A magical adventure to delight the imagination. A curl-up-on-the-sofa snuggle of a debut from a uniquely talented author.
Eleven year-old Tilly has lived above her grandparents’ bookshop ever since her mother disappeared shortly after she was born. Like the rest of her family, Tilly loves nothing more than to escape into the pages of her favourite stories.
One day Tilly realises that classic children’s characters are appearing in the shop through the magic of ‘book wandering’ – crossing over from the page into real life.
With the help of Anne of Green Gables and Alice in Wonderland. Tilly is determined to solve the mystery of what happened to her mother all those years ago, so she bravely steps into the unknown, unsure of what adventure lies ahead and what dangers she may face.
About the author
Anna James is a writer and journalist living in London. Anna was Book News Editor at The Bookseller magazine and was Literary Editor of ELLE UK. Anna has also written for The Pool, The LA Times, The Financial Times and The Independent, as well as making bookish YouTube videos as A Case For Books. She hosts literary events and panels and is the co-founder and host of the YA Salon in London. She was shortlisted for the Kim Scott Walwyn Award for Women in Publishing in 2015, and the London Book Fair Trailblazers Award in 2016.
- ‘Delightful! A joy of a book’ Kiran Millwood Hargrave, author of The Girl of Ink & Stars
- ‘A thrilling, inventive book-lover’s delight, where fiction really does come to life. It’s a treat for readers of every age’ Matt Haig, author of A Boy Called Christmas
- ‘Pages and Co. is a celebration of all the best things in life: books, friendship, adventures and cake. And pirates. And hot chocolate. It’s utterly beautiful and perfectly brilliant’ Greg James and Chris Smith, authors of Kid Normal
- ‘An enchanting tale for book-lovers of all ages, Tilly and the Bookwanderers is a magical debut that is NOT to be missed’ Catherine Doyle, author of The Storm Keeper’s Island
- ‘Pages & Co. is a true delight for book-lovers – you’ll adore exploring the magical world of the bookwanderers with Tilly’ Katherine Woodfine, author of The Clockwork Sparrow