SHARPE IS BACK.
The brand new novel from Bernard Cornwell in the globally bestselling Sharpe series.
Spain, 1812. Richard Sharpe, the most brilliant – but the most wayward – soldier in the British army, finds himself faced with an impossible task.
Two French armies march towards each other. If they meet, the British are lost. And only Sharpe – with just his cunning, his courage and a small band of rogues to rely on – stands in their way . . .
About the author
Bernard Cornwell was born in London, raised in Essex andworked for the BBC for eleven years before meeting Judy, hisAmerican wife. Denied an American work permit he wrote anovel instead and has been writing ever since. He and Judydivide their time between Cape Cod and Charleston, SouthCarolina.
- Praise for Bernard Cornwell:
- ‘Sharpe and his creator are national treasures’ SUNDAY TELEGRAPH
- ‘Strong narrative, vigourous action and striking characterisation, Cornwell remains king of the territory he has staked out as his own’ SUNDAY TIMES
- ‘Like Game of Thrones, but real’ OBSERVER
- ‘Blood, divided loyalties and thundering battles’ THE TIMES
- ‘The best battle scenes of any writer I’ve ever read, past or present. Cornwell really makes history come alive’ George R.R. Martin
- ‘He’s called a master storyteller. Really he’s cleverer than that’ TELEGRAPH
- ‘Nobody in the world does this better than Cornwell’ LEE CHILD
- ‘Cornwell’s skill [is] in ageing his warrior-hero, who now creaks as he fights and is haunted by those he has loved and lost’ THE TIMES
- ‘The master still adding to his wonderful Saxon Chronicles’ SUNDAY TIMES MAGAZINE
- ‘Legendary … excellent storytelling, as ever’ SUNDAY SPORT
- ‘A violent, absorbing historical saga, deeply researched and thoroughly imagined’ WASHINGTON POST