A bestseller from the award-winning Stuart MacBride. The seventh DS Logan McRae thriller is a gripping page-turner in which fame and fortune crash head-on with crime and punishment.
No suspects. No clues. No rest for the wicked.
‘You will raise money for the safe return of Alison and Jenny McGregor. If you raise enough money within fourteen days they will be released. If not, Jenny will be killed.’
Aberdeen’s own mother-daughter singing sensation are through to the semi-finals of TV smash-hit Britain’s Next Big Star. But their reality-TV dream has turned into a real-life nightmare.
The ransom demand appears in all the papers, on the TV, and the internet, telling the nation to dig deep if they want to keep Alison and Jenny alive.
Time is running out, but DS Logan McRae and his colleagues have nothing to go on: the kidnappers haven’t left a single piece of forensic evidence and there are no witnesses.
It looks as if the price of fame just got a lot higher…
About the author
Stuart MacBride is the No.1 bestselling author of the DS Logan McRae series. His novels have won him the CWA Dagger in the Library, the Barry Award for Best Debut Novel, and Best Breakthrough Author at the ITV3 crime thriller awards. Stuart’s other works include Halfhead, a near-future thriller, Sawbones, a novella aimed at adult emergent readers, and several short stories. He lives in the north-east of Scotland with his wife, Fiona, and cat, Grendel.
- Praise for Shatter the Bones:
- ‘It’s gripping and gritty … the tension builds layer on layer’ Express
- ‘MacBride at his best’ Northern Echo
- Praise for Stuart MacBride:
- ‘MacBride is a damned fine writer – no one does dark and gritty like him’ Peter James
- ‘Fierce, unflinching and shot through with the blackest of humour; this is crime fiction of the highest order’ Mark Billingham
- ‘Ferocious and funny, this is Tartan Noir at its best’ Val McDermid