Book Two in stunning Scandinavia-inspired fantasy trilogy The Ashen Torment.
BOOK TWO OF THE ASHEN TORMENT
Steiner, blacksmith, hero, has taken a hammer to the Empire, freeing the dead and children with withcsign alike from their fiery prison. Now he plans to finish what he started.
Kimi, dragon-speaker, princess, must seek her father’s court and win the support of his armies before news of her escape dooms her people.
Silverdust, ancient, dead, journeys to the heart of the empire as a prisoner – to meet the Emperor for what he hopes will be the final time.
Kjellrun, witch, killer, still reeling from the loss of her uncle when she is ripped from her family, fears this power within her. But she must harness that force – and soon – if she hopes to survive.
Scattered by fortune, plagued by danger, Steiner’s crew rise against the dark rule that has cost them so much.
The old gods are waking.
The dragons are free.
May gods help those who bear the sign of the witch.
Den Patrick’s thrilling new series continues in the sequel to the acclaimed WITCHSIGN.
About the author
DEN PATRICK is the author of the Erebus Sequence, published in 2014, and was nominated for the British Fantasy Society Award for Best Newcomer in 2015. WITCHSIGN is the first of three books in The Ashen Torment series. He lives in London with his wife and their two cats.
- ‘WITCHSIGN is crammed with delicious mythology and populated with irresistible characters – a treat for anyone who loves fresh, modern fantasy’JEN WILLIAMS, author of The Copper Cat and The Winnowing Flame trilogies
- ‘Witchsign triggered that ‘I can’t wait to get back to it’ feeling in me. The current of the story caught me right away and I was swept along with the characters. Den Patrick hit the perfect mix of immediate action and characters I cared about. His prose wastes no words. (I loved the concept of the cinderwraiths!)’ROBIN HOBB
- ‘May Gods help those who don’t read Witchsign.’PETER NEWMAN
- Praise for THE BOY WITH THE PORCELAIN BLADE:
- ‘A unique and engaging voice’Starburst
- ‘Swordfights, violence and full-tilt action…familiar intrigues with a darker more gothic touch’SFX