A missing woman. A husband suspected.
The truth will … Take Your Breath Away
Linwood Barclay is…
‘A suspense master’ Stephen King
‘In a class of his own’ T.M. Logan
‘One of the finest thriller writers in the world’ Mark Billingham
It’s always the husband, isn’t it?
One weekend, while Andrew Mason was on a fishing trip, his wife, Brie, vanished without a trace. Most people assumed Andy had got away with murder, but the police couldn’t build a strong case against him. For a while, Andy hit rock bottom – he drank too much, was abandoned by his friends, nearly lost his business and became a pariah in the place he had once called home.
Now, six years later, Andy has put his life back together. He’s sold the house he shared with Brie and moved away for a fresh start. When he hears his old house has been bulldozed and a new house built in its place, he’s not bothered. He’s settled with a new partner, Jayne, and life is good.
But Andy’s peaceful world is about to shatter. One day, a woman shows up at his old address, screaming, ‘Where’s my house? What’s happened to my house?’ And then, just as suddenly as she appeared, the woman – who bears a striking resemblance to Brie – is gone. The police are notified and old questions – and dark suspicions – resurface.
Could Brie really be alive after all these years? If so, where has she been? It soon becomes clear that Andy’s future, and the lives of those closest to him, depends on discovering what the hell is going on. The trick will be whether he can stay alive long enough to unearth the answers…
PRAISE FOR LINWOOD BARCLAY:
‘A suspense master’ STEPHEN KING
‘A full-throttle powerhouse of a thriller – Linwood Barclay is in a class of his own’ T.M. LOGAN
‘One of the finest thriller writers in the world’ MARK BILLINGHAM
‘The twists keep coming’ THE TIMES
‘No one can thrill you and chill you better than Barclay’ TESS GERRITSEN
‘Another lightning-paced page-turner with a twist that really did take my breath away. Absolutely classic Linwood’ MARK EDWARDS
‘Gripping, propulsive, and surprising – he wasn’t kidding, I’m breathless’ DAVID KOEPP
About the author
Linwood Barclay is an international bestselling crime and thriller author with over twenty critically acclaimed novels to his name, including the phenomenal number one bestseller No Time For Goodbye. Every Linwood Barclay book is a masterclass in characterisation, plot and the killer twist, and with sales of over seven million copies globally, his books have been sold in more than 39 countries around the world and he can count Stephen King, Shari Lapena and Peter James among his many fans. Many of his books have been optioned for film and TV, and Linwood wrote the screenplay for the film based on his bestselling novel Never Saw It Coming. Born in the US, his parents moved to Canada just as he was turning four, and he’s lived there ever since. He lives in Toronto with his wife, Neetha. They have two grown children. Visit Linwood Barclay at www.linwoodbarclay.com or find him on Twitter at @linwood_barclay.
- PRAISE FOR LINWOOD BARCLAY:
- ‘A suspense master’ STEPHEN KING
- ‘A full-throttle powerhouse of a thriller – Linwood Barclay is in a class of his own’ T.M. LOGAN
- ‘One of the finest thriller writers in the world’ MARK BILLINGHAM
- ‘The twists keep coming’ THE TIMES
- ‘Genius … but terrifying’ THE SUN
- ‘No one can thrill you and chill you better than Barclay’ TESS GERRITSEN
- ‘Another lightning-paced page-turner with a twist that really did take my breath away. Absolutely classic Linwood’ MARK EDWARDS
- ‘Linwood Barclay once again proves himself a master of pace, structure, and suspense. Take Your Breath Away had me guessing and turning pages all night, and I still didn’t figure it out till the end. Gripping, propulsive, and surprising – he wasn’t kidding, I’m breathless’ DAVID KOEPP
- ‘If you want someone to jangle your nerves and mess with your mind, Barclay’s your man’ SAGA
- ‘Nothing is more satisfying than tucking into a new Linwood Barclay novel’ SHARI LAPENA
- ‘A superior thriller’ SUNDAY TIMES
- ‘A relentlessly tense thriller … the comedy enhances the edgy atmosphere’ THE TIMES CRIME CLUB
- ‘This novel moves as fast as a falling elevator and hits with just as much force. Linwood Barclay is a stone cold pro’ JOE HILL
- ‘A great cast of characters, tension, humour and a thrilling ending; this book takes Linwood to new heights!’ MARK EDWARDS
- ‘A fast-moving, high-concept thriller from the talented Barclay … a rip-roaring rollercoaster of a ride’ DAILY MAIL
- ‘Linwood Barclay’s thrillers move at breakneck speed … pacy, exciting’ WOMAN & HOME
- ‘Linwood Barclay presses all the right buttons’ MICHAEL ROBOTHAM
- ‘Another gripping thriller from bestselling master of tension Linwood Barclay’ HELLO!