A brilliantly twisty, 80-page novella from the No. 1 bestselling author of the Logan McRae series. Including an extract from his new Logan novel, THE MISSING AND THE DEAD.
It’s the night of the big Referendum, and all Acting Detective Inspector Logan McRae has to do is find a missing ‘No’ campaigner. Should be easy enough…
But, as usual, DCI Steel has plans of her own. As the votes are counted there’s trouble brewing in the pubs and on the streets of Aberdeen.
Logan’s picked up a promising lead, but all is not quite what it seems, and things are about to go very, very wrong…
About the author
Stuart MacBride is the No 1 bestselling author of the Logan McRae series and Birthdays for the Dead.The McRae novels have won him the CWA’s Dagger in the Library, the Barry Award for Best Debut Novel, and Best Breakthrough Author at the ITV3 Crime Thriller Awards. In 2012 Stuart was inducted into the ITV3 Crime Thriller Hall of Fame.Stuart’s other works include Halfhead, a near-future thriller, Sawbones, a novella aimed at adult emergent readers, and several short stories.He lives in the north-east of Scotland with his wife, Fiona and cat, Grendel.
- Praise for Stuart MacBride:
- ‘MacBride is the natural heir to the late and much lamented Reginald Hill’ Andrew Taylor, Spectator
- ‘MacBride is a damned fine writer – no one does dark and gritty like him’ Peter James
- ‘Fierce, unflinching and shot through with the blackest of humour; this is crime fiction of the highest order’ Mark Billingham
- ‘Some of the grittiest crime-writing in the field’ Independent
- ‘Admirers of tough, modern crime novels will be in seventh heaven – or should that be hell?’ Express
- ‘Ferocious and funny’ Val McDermid
- ‘Hard-hitting prose with a bone-dry humour and characters you can genuinely believe in, Stuart MacBride’s novels are a real treat’ Simon Kernick