A stunningly presented modern-day fable from world-renowned talent Oliver Jeffers.
“In an age of exquisite picture books, this is possibly the most beautiful of the year…” Imogen Carter / The Observer New Review
“Visually stunning and original” Daily Mail
There was once a man who believed he owned everything and set out to survey what was his.
“You are mine,” Fausto said to the flower, the sheep and the mountain, and they bowed before him. But they were not enough for Fausto, so he conquered a boat and set out to sea…
Working for the first time in traditional lithography, world-renowned talent, Oliver Jeffers, combines spectacular art with powerful prose, hand set using traditional lead type, to create a poignant modern-day fable to touch the hearts of adults and children alike.
About the author
Oliver Jeffers graduated from The University of Ulster in 2001 with First Class honours. His outstanding talent has been recognised by several high-profile awards, including the Nestlé Children’s Book Prize Gold Award. ‘Lost and Found’ animation was broadcast on Channel 4. Oliver lives and works in Brookyln, New York.
- Praise for The Fate of Fausto:
- “In an age of exquisite picture books, this is possibly the most beautiful of the year…” Imogen Carter / The Observer New Review
- “Visually stunning and original” Daily Mail
- “Spacious, luminous lithographic illustrations combine with stark hand-set text in this powerful, beautiful fable.” The Guardian / Best Children’s Books of 2019
- “Striking … a resounding interplay of images and words” Time / Best Children’s Books of 2019