Begin your journey into Middle-earth.
The inspiration for the upcoming original series on Prime Video.
The first part of J. R. R. Tolkien’s epic adventure THE LORD OF THE RINGS.
In a quiet village in the Shire, young Frodo is about to receive a gift that will change his life forever.
Thought lost centuries ago, it is the One Ring, an object of terrifying power once used by the Dark Lord to enslave Middle-earth. Now darkness is rising, and Frodo must travel deep into the Dark Lord’s realm, to the one place the Ring can be destroyed: Mount Doom.
The journey will test Frodo’s courage, his friendships and his heart. Because the ring corrupts all who bear it – can Frodo destroy it, or will it destroy him?
About the author
J.R.R.Tolkien (1892-1973) was a distinguished academic, though he is best known for writing The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion and The Children of Hurin, plus other stories and essays. His books have been translated into over 60 languages and have sold many millions of copies worldwide.
- ‘The English-speaking world is divided into those who have read The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit and those who are going to read them.’Sunday Times
- ‘A story magnificently told, with every kind of colour and movement and greatness.’New Statesman
- ‘Masterpiece? Oh yes, I’ve no doubt about that.’Evening Standard
- ‘Among the greatest works of imaginative fiction of the twentieth century.’Sunday Telegraph
- ‘Here are beauties which pierce like swords or burn like cold iron.’C.S. Lewis